Posted to uk.d-i-y
PJK PJK is offline

Default Plumbing advice - Rad valves

I'm having a mental block and would appreciate advice. I want to plumb
a rad. with the valve not attached to the radiator but a short distance
away within the pipe run. Is there a type of fitting which will connect
pipe to the tail in the rad., I'm assuming a normal compression fitting
won't work, and similarly to connect the pipe to the valve. I'm
confusing myself now, are both ends of a rad. valve the same?

Thanks for any advice before I go to Wickes.

Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PJK" wrote in message
I'm having a mental block and would appreciate advice. I want to plumb a
rad. with the valve not attached to the radiator but a short distance away
within the pipe run. Is there a type of fitting which will connect pipe
to the tail in the rad., I'm assuming a normal compression fitting won't
work, and similarly to connect the pipe to the valve. I'm confusing
myself now, are both ends of a rad. valve the same?

Thanks for any advice before I go to Wickes.

you might get away with an isolating tail
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PJK" wrote in message
I'm having a mental block and would appreciate advice. I want to plumb
a rad. with the valve not attached to the radiator but a short distance
away within the pipe run. Is there a type of fitting which will connect
pipe to the tail in the rad., I'm assuming a normal compression fitting
won't work, and similarly to connect the pipe to the valve. I'm
confusing myself now, are both ends of a rad. valve the same?

Thanks for any advice before I go to Wickes.

Pete.

Provided the rad valve has 1/2" compression inlet & outlet then you can pipe
directly from the valve and connect to the tail with normal compression
fitting.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:49:20 +0100, PJK wrote:

I'm having a mental block and would appreciate advice. I want to plumb
a rad. with the valve not attached to the radiator but a short distance
away within the pipe run. Is there a type of fitting which will connect
pipe to the tail in the rad., I'm assuming a normal compression fitting
won't work, and similarly to connect the pipe to the valve. I'm
confusing myself now, are both ends of a rad. valve the same?

1/2" BSP male * 15mm compression fitting. Ideally the male threaded end
would be tapered but you're less likely to find that, especially if you
want a chromed fitting. You could get away with a 15mm compression coupler
without the nut and olive on one end, since that has a 1/2" BSP male
thread.

Thanks for any advice before I go to Wickes.

You're unlikely to find a BSP * compression fitting in Wickes, but they
should have compression couplers.

--
John Stumbles

I forgot to take my amnesia medecine again
Posted to uk.d-i-y
PJK PJK is offline

John Stumbles wrote:

You could get away with a 15mm compression coupler
without the nut and olive on one end, since that has a 1/2" BSP male
thread.

That's what I did, many thanks for your reply

Peter.