Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch PMF 180 Query?

Well impressed with the machine. Recently bought a bi metal blade for non
ferrous metals.

Used it twice, once on copper pipe, once on some kinda alloy on an extended
flush operating rod.

Hard work on both. I think its because in both cases it was difficult to
keep the object still.

Is this also the case with the Fein?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Well impressed with the machine. Recently bought a bi metal blade for non
ferrous metals.

Used it twice, once on copper pipe, once on some kinda alloy on an extended
flush operating rod.

Hard work on both. I think its because in both cases it was difficult to
keep the object still.

Is this also the case with the Fein?

If the work jiggle about too much then it can be. Changing speed to find
one where the work does resonate so readily can help (as can wedging the
work)....

(only time I remember particularly slow going was where I needed to trim
down a bit of heavy steel conduit in a wall to get a new switch position
in place.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-26 22:56:31 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Well impressed with the machine. Recently bought a bi metal blade for non
ferrous metals.

Used it twice, once on copper pipe, once on some kinda alloy on an extended
flush operating rod.

Hard work on both. I think its because in both cases it was difficult to
keep the object still.

Is this also the case with the Fein?

I've never had that problem, no...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-26 22:56:31 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Well impressed with the machine. Recently bought a bi metal blade for
non
ferrous metals.

Used it twice, once on copper pipe, once on some kinda alloy on an
extended
flush operating rod.

Hard work on both. I think its because in both cases it was difficult to
keep the object still.

Is this also the case with the Fein?

I've never had that problem, no...

Matt, do you mean the Fein keeps the object still it is cutting? Wow!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-26 22:56:31 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Well impressed with the machine. Recently bought a bi metal blade for non
ferrous metals.

Used it twice, once on copper pipe, once on some kinda alloy on an extended
flush operating rod.

Hard work on both. I think its because in both cases it was difficult to
keep the object still.

Is this also the case with the Fein?

I've never had that problem, no...

Matt, do you mean the Fein keeps the object still it is cutting? Wow!!

No. I mean that I haven't had that problem, just as I said.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-28 08:56:54 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

Matt, do you mean the Fein keeps the object still it is cutting? Wow!!

No. I mean that I haven't had that problem, just as I said.

Do you use as vice?

No but I have a few

Worcester Bosch internal wiring query relating to an external UFH pump Cordless Crazy UK diy 1 November 21st 06 07:46 AM
Worcester Bosch 24i Junior - boiler flue fitting query Lobster UK diy 5 October 2nd 06 08:42 PM
Worcester Bosch 40CDi Condesing Boiler water temperature query? Cordless Crazy UK diy 1 February 3rd 06 03:48 PM
JVC TV query planet Electronics Repair 1 February 10th 05 09:05 AM
TS: "Why don't they" query John Moorhead Woodworking 13 December 19th 04 08:27 PM