Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Now is the time to ...

check your pump and TRVs etc if you haven't already done so

seeya in a week

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
LSR LSR is offline

geoff wrote:
check your pump and TRVs etc if you haven't already done so

seeya in a week

I went to put some fresh inhibitor into the CH header tank after the best
method was discussed here a couple of weeks ago. I found the float valve had
completely scaled up and the tank was empty. It could have been like that
for years ...

If you need to do anything in the loft, do it now while it's not too hot or
cold up there.

--
LSR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
check your pump and TRVs etc if you haven't already done so

seeya in a week

My CH has just kicked in in the last couple of days, (GHW has been
running fine all summer). Radiators are heating OK but this a.m. as I
emerged from the sack, I thought I heard a funny sound - difficult to
repeat through this medium - grr, click, click- repeatedly for a short
period - may be two minutes. Are the valves step motors? If so, I think
I've got some fun ahead! I had a quick look this evening as to where the
valve could be - not in the kitchen near the boiler, not in the cupboard
in the bathroom by the HW tank. Hmm! - below the bathroom floor - that's
OK - I can shift the carpet (& T&G)and sort it out, but if it's under
the son's bedrom floor, where the H do I shift all the kit whilst doing
the job? If it's below the landing floor, the stewards who carpetted the
landing, stapled down the carpet! Fun ahead, I don't suspect!