Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Combi boiler recommendation

Need a new boiler for the terraced house we are renovating to rent. Any
recommendations? Any to avoid?
--
Regards,

Geoff Berrow
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Geoff Berrow wrote:
Need a new boiler for the terraced house we are renovating to rent. Any
recommendations? Any to avoid?

I recently had a Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 28i Junior on the basis that
a lot of people recommended it, and I couldn't find anything bad
mentioned about it... also, installers really seem to like it which
helps when you're looking for a fitter.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Geoff Berrow" wrote in message

Need a new boiler for the terraced house we are renovating to rent. Any
recommendations? Any to avoid?

Buy an Atmos Intercombi. A landlords boiler as they don't go wrong. No
3-way valves, and the DHW works when the pumps fails they are so simple.
Not cheap but RR quality and reliable - what you need when letting. Don't
buy cheapo stuff as you will just get hassle and expense and irate tenants.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"Geoff Berrow" wrote in message
.. .

Need a new boiler for the terraced house we are renovating to rent. Any
recommendations? Any to avoid?

Buy an Atmos Intercombi. A landlords boiler as they don't go wrong. No
3-way valves, and the DHW works when the pumps fails they are so
simple. Not cheap but RR quality and reliable - what you need when
letting. Don't buy cheapo stuff as you will just get hassle and
expense and irate tenants.

Buy a worcester or a vaillant

take drivels advice at your peril

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"Geoff Berrow" wrote in message
. ..

Need a new boiler for the terraced house we are renovating to rent. Any
recommendations? Any to avoid?

Buy an Atmos Intercombi. A landlords boiler as they don't go wrong. No
3-way valves, and the DHW works when the pumps fails they are so simple.
Not cheap but RR quality and reliable - what you need when letting. Don't
buy cheapo stuff as you will just get hassle and expense and irate
tenants.

Buy a worcester or a vaillant

take drivels advice at your peril

Maxie, the man is coming her for sound advice, so cut out the childishness.
You have never seen or probably heard of an Atmos - Dutch. They are about
the bets on the market. Have a look. The whole back panel of the combi is
the heat exchanger, saving space. They are "very" well made.....and
Landlords combi - no hassle.

Worcester and Vaillant are middle of the road boilers. Viessmann,
ECO-Hometec, Atmos, Atag, Buderus, Quantum, Borag, etc are all better than
those.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Maxie, the man is coming her for sound advice, so cut out the
childishness. You have never seen or probably heard of an Atmos -
Dutch.

If Geoff hasn't come across one you can bet your bottom dollar you haven't
either.

They are about the bets on the market. Have a look. The whole
back panel of the combi is the heat exchanger, saving space. They are
"very" well made.....and Landlords combi - no hassle.

More catalogue recommendations, eh dribble? You're certainly good at those.

--
*A person who smiles in the face of adversity probably has a scapegoat *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Maxie, the man is coming her for sound advice, so cut out the
childishness. You have never seen or probably heard of an Atmos -
Dutch.

If Geoff hasn't come across one you can bet your bottom dollar you haven't
either.

Not actually true

it usually takes 2-3 years before I start seeing bits coming through

of course, there are exceptions

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Maxie, the man is coming her for sound advice, so cut out the
childishness. You have never seen or probably heard of an Atmos -
Dutch.

If

Please eff off as you are a total idiot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

Not actually true

it usually takes 2-3 years before I start seeing bits coming through

of course, there are exceptions

Maxie, how many Atmos pcbs have you come across?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Maxie, the man is coming her for sound advice, so cut out the
childishness. You have never seen or probably heard of an Atmos -
Dutch.

If Geoff hasn't come across one you can bet your bottom dollar you
haven't either.

Not actually true

it usually takes 2-3 years before I start seeing bits coming through

of course, there are exceptions

So it's a new design? Even less chance of dribble's 'recommendation' being
of any use.

--
*If only you'd use your powers for good instead of evil.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Not actually true

it usually takes 2-3 years before I start seeing bits coming through

of course, there are exceptions

Maxie, how many Atmos pcbs have you come across?

What percentage of the market do they have ?

bugger all

how many local authorities fit them ?

not many

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Not actually true

it usually takes 2-3 years before I start seeing bits coming through

of course, there are exceptions

Maxie, how many Atmos pcbs have you come across?

What percentage of the market do they have ?

A lot in Holland.

bugger all

how many local authorities fit them ?

A lot in Holland.

How many RR cars are sold Maxie?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Maxie, the man is coming her for sound advice, so cut out the
childishness. You have never seen or probably heard of an Atmos -
Dutch.

If Geoff hasn't come across one you can bet your bottom dollar you
haven't either.

Not actually true

it usually takes 2-3 years before I start seeing bits coming through

of course, there are exceptions

So

You must eff off as you are a total idiot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Geoff Berrow" wrote in message
Need a new boiler for the terraced house we are renovating to rent. Any
recommendations? Any to avoid?
--
Regards,

Geoff Berrow

We had an Alpha CD32C and the Alpha 7-day EasyStat Wireless programmer/stat
fitted about 2 years ago and it's been excellent www.alpha-boilers.co.uk

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message
enews.net, Doctor
Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Not actually true

it usually takes 2-3 years before I start seeing bits coming through

of course, there are exceptions

Maxie, how many Atmos pcbs have you come across?

What percentage of the market do they have ?

A lot in Holland.

So bugger all here ...

You totally thick, thick ****

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Not actually true

it usually takes 2-3 years before I start seeing bits coming through

of course, there are exceptions

Maxie, how many Atmos pcbs have you come across?

What percentage of the market do they have ?

A lot in Holland.

So bugger all here ...

bugger all

how many local authorities fit them ?

A lot in Holland.

So bugger all here ...

You totally thick, thick ****

Maxie, you are a known disustingist, and you are on form. BTW, Atmos sell
about 2,000 boilers per year in the UK and rising. Maxie, they are still
bill and part available in 24 hours.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-23 01:02:41 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

Maxie, how many Atmos pcbs have you come across?

What percentage of the market do they have ?

A lot in Holland.

So bugger all here ...

bugger all

how many local authorities fit them ?

A lot in Holland.

So bugger all here ...

You totally thick, thick ****

Maxie, you are a known disustingist, and you are on form. BTW, Atmos
sell about 2,000 boilers per year in the UK and rising. Maxie, they are
still bill and part available in 24 hours.

So is it this month's recommendation because they're doing a nice puffy
anorak for counter staff or was it just that it comes out near the top
of the list in an alphabetical search by manufacturer?

Is the October selection going to be Baxi and November's Chaffoteaux?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:

"Geoff Berrow" wrote in message
Need a new boiler for the terraced house we are renovating to rent. Any
recommendations? Any to avoid?

We had an Alpha CD32C and the Alpha 7-day EasyStat Wireless programmer/stat
fitted about 2 years ago and it's been excellent www.alpha-boilers.co.uk

I've got an Alpha Ocean, been fitted for around 8 years, but I dont
think I'd get another, the main PCB went just over 2 years old, the
DHW/Central heating valve had to be repaired at 4 years, an air meter
had to be changed last year, now we are having trouble with the hot
water cutting out (which may not really be the fault of the boiler, as
the DHW heat exchanger was partially clogged).

I think 1 repair in 8 years would be good, but 3 or 4 isnt impressive
IMO, though maybe their boilers are better now.
Alan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-23 01:02:41 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

Maxie, how many Atmos pcbs have you come across?

What percentage of the market do they have ?

A lot in Holland.

So bugger all here ...

bugger all

how many local authorities fit them ?

A lot in Holland.

So bugger all here ...

You totally thick, thick ****

Maxie, you are a known disustingist, and you are on form. BTW, Atmos sell
about 2,000 boilers per year in the UK and rising. Maxie, they are still
bill and part available in 24 hours.

So

Matt, you are a plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
Andy Hall wrote:
So is it this month's recommendation because they're doing a nice puffy
anorak for counter staff ...

Be fair,

...Owain, Owain, Owain we go
...he gives us info we don't want to know
...the info is so poor tis true
...so how does this garbage affect you?

...well take no heed of babble and drool
...as instantly you will recognise a fool

...instictively you will spy
...in newsgroups with DIY
...attempting wisdom the fools will try

...so be very watchful of what the fools say
...and don't give these half-wits the time of day

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Sep, 10:56, Geoff Berrow wrote:
Need a new boiler for the terraced house we are renovating to rent. Any
recommendations? Any to avoid?

Hmmmmm, a truly remarkable thread! I have to say uk.d-i-y is a
fantastic newsgroup, but it's really not at it's best whenever combis
are mentioned.

Geoff, there's a poster on the Motley Fool discussion boards called
Mike4. He's a very competent boilerman (judging from his posts) and
also a pretty successful landlord. He posts in the property forums,
and I think also on the DIY forum they have. He would be in an
excellent position to judge what is a landlord's boiler.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 01:02:41 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Not actually true

it usually takes 2-3 years before I start seeing bits coming through

of course, there are exceptions

Maxie, how many Atmos pcbs have you come across?

What percentage of the market do they have ?

A lot in Holland.

So bugger all here ...

bugger all

how many local authorities fit them ?

A lot in Holland.

So bugger all here ...

You totally thick, thick ****

Maxie, you are a known disustingist, and you are on form. BTW, Atmos sell
about 2,000 boilers per year in the UK and rising. Maxie, they are still
bill and part available in 24 hours.

Um that'd be about about 1 in 500 with the installed base rising to that
figure over 20 years give or take.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 01:02:41 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Not actually true

it usually takes 2-3 years before I start seeing bits coming through

of course, there are exceptions

Maxie, how many Atmos pcbs have you come across?

What percentage of the market do they have ?

A lot in Holland.

So bugger all here ...

bugger all

how many local authorities fit them ?

A lot in Holland.

So bugger all here ...

You totally thick, thick ****

Maxie, you are a known disgustingist, and you are on form. BTW, Atmos
sell
about 2,000 boilers per year in the UK and rising. Maxie, they are still
brill and part available in 24 hours.

Um that'd be about about 1 in 500
with the installed base rising to that
figure over 20 years give or take.

Which means nothing at all, as 2,000 boiler is a lot and all those that are
already installed. I'm sure you have not even seen one or remotely heard of
one. Look at them - quality in design and make. RR quality.

Look at the heat exchanger:
http://www.atmos.uk.com/core_files/productDoc(109).pdf

The only condensing boiler not to require a condensate pipe.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
Martin Pentreath wrote:
He would be in an excellent position to judge what is a landlord's
boiler.

I'm not quite sure what would be special about one. Surely everyone wants
value for money and reliability - not just landlords. Perhaps a landlord
wouldn't be so interested in running costs if he's not paying them, though.

--
*If a thing is worth doing, wouldn't it have been done already?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Martin Pentreath" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 22 Sep, 10:56, Geoff Berrow wrote:
Need a new boiler for the terraced house we are renovating to rent. Any
recommendations? Any to avoid?

Hmmmmm, a truly remarkable thread! I have to say uk.d-i-y is a
fantastic newsgroup, but it's really not at it's best whenever combis
are mentioned.

Geoff, there's a poster on the Motley Fool discussion boards called
Mike4. He's a very competent boilerman (judging from his posts) and
also a pretty successful landlord. He posts in the property forums,
and I think also on the DIY forum they have. He would be in an
excellent position to judge what is a landlord's boiler.

I have read him - not impressed at all. He is lacking in many way like ED
here. The best Landlords boiler is the Atmos: simple, reliable, the
simplest boiler available, few parts to other combis, built like a tank.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 01:02:41 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Not actually true

it usually takes 2-3 years before I start seeing bits coming through

of course, there are exceptions

Maxie, how many Atmos pcbs have you come across?

What percentage of the market do they have ?

A lot in Holland.

So bugger all here ...

bugger all

how many local authorities fit them ?

A lot in Holland.

So bugger all here ...

You totally thick, thick ****

Maxie, you are a known disgustingist, and you are on form. BTW,
Atmos sell
about 2,000 boilers per year in the UK and rising. Maxie, they are still
brill and part available in 24 hours.

Um that'd be about about 1 in 500
with the installed base rising to that
figure over 20 years give or take.

Which means nothing at all, as 2,000 boiler is a lot

So, if 1% have a pcb fault and 10 % of those find my website ...

2 enquiries

Do you really think I'm going to build a test set for that volume of
pcbs ?

see above

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 01:02:41 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message
ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"geoff" wrote in message

[...]

?

Maxie, the failure rate is so low you will not be having any enquiries. Also
it has outsided weather compensation as standard that acts upon the burner.
So, when you look at what you pay for and what you get this is a great deal.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A.Lee wrote:

I think 1 repair in 8 years would be good, but 3 or 4 isnt impressive
IMO, though maybe their boilers are better now.

Odd that, dribble was recommending these a couple of months back....

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
A.Lee wrote:

I think 1 repair in 8 years would be good, but 3 or 4 isnt impressive
IMO, though maybe their boilers are better now.

Odd that, dribble was recommending these a couple of months back....

You know, I bet dribble is a junior salesman at one of those showroom
heat and plumb places.

The ones that operate positive discrimination on the 'hard of thinking',
policies..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
A.Lee wrote:

I think 1 repair in 8 years would be good, but 3 or 4 isnt impressive
IMO, though maybe their boilers are better now.

Odd that, dribble was recommending these a couple of months back....

The new Alphas are quite different. 3 to 5 yr guarantees.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
A.Lee wrote:

I think 1 repair in 8 years would be good, but 3 or 4 isnt impressive
IMO, though maybe their boilers are better now.

Odd that, dribble was recommending these a couple of months back....

You know,

He doesn't know and neither do as you a snooty uni plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

John Rumm wrote:
A.Lee wrote:

I think 1 repair in 8 years would be good, but 3 or 4 isnt impressive
IMO, though maybe their boilers are better now.

Odd that, dribble was recommending these a couple of months back....

You know,

He doesn't know and neither do as you a snooty uni plantpot.

Remind me again, what subject was your degree in?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

John Rumm wrote:
A.Lee wrote:

I think 1 repair in 8 years would be good, but 3 or 4 isnt impressive
IMO, though maybe their boilers are better now.

Odd that, dribble was recommending these a couple of months back....

You know,

He

Please

Bwhahahahahahaha, now Drivel can't stand to see even his own witless
comments in print.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

contained the following:

He would be in an excellent position to judge what is a landlord's
boiler.

I'm not quite sure what would be special about one. Surely everyone wants
value for money and reliability - not just landlords. Perhaps a landlord
wouldn't be so interested in running costs if he's not paying them, though.

I'm not that kind of landlord. The central heating guy wants to fit a
Glow worm. I wan't impressed with a Glow worm I had before but he says
they are better now. The three year parts and labour guarantee is quite
attractive

--
Regards,

Geoff Berrow

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Geoff Berrow" wrote in message
contained the following:

He would be in an excellent position to judge what is a landlord's
boiler.

I'm not quite sure what would be special about one. Surely everyone wants
value for money and reliability - not just landlords. Perhaps a landlord
wouldn't be so interested in running costs if he's not paying them,
though.

I'm not that kind of landlord. The central heating guy wants to fit a
Glow worm. I wan't impressed with a Glow worm I had before but he says
they are better now. The three year parts and labour guarantee is quite
attractive

Tell him to fit an Atmos. You will never look back.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Please eff off - it is good for you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote: