Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Right of access - How to buy it???

Hi,

Hope someone can advise me on this.

My neighbour currentley has a 'right of access' across the back of my
property (directly under my kitchen windows/back wall of house) and
I'd like to purchase it of him so I can extend out te back. It's in
the deeds and all legal.

A) Has anyone done this?
B) Is it a legal minefield?
C) Any tips you can offer. Price?

I've not breached the subject with them yet but wanted to be as clued
up as possible.
cheers
Spoons

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:40:07 GMT, Lobster

My neighbour currentley has a 'right of access' across the back of my
property (directly under my kitchen windows/back wall of house) and
I'd like to purchase it of him so I can extend out te back. It's in
the deeds and all legal.

A) Has anyone done this?
B) Is it a legal minefield?
C) Any tips you can offer. Price?

It shouldn't be anything more than a matter of going to be a matter of
agreeing a price and going to your solicitor and organising for the
deeds / Land Registry entry to be amended. Probably your neighbour will
want his own solicitor to check things, so you'd need to pay for that too.

And for your neighbour to notify/ask the mortgage company if
applicable
Robert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Hope someone can advise me on this.

My neighbour currentley has a 'right of access' across the back of my
property (directly under my kitchen windows/back wall of house) and
I'd like to purchase it of him so I can extend out te back. It's in
the deeds and all legal.

A) Has anyone done this?
B) Is it a legal minefield?
C) Any tips you can offer. Price?

I've not breached the subject with them yet but wanted to be as clued
up as possible.
cheers
Spoons

My first thought upon reading your posting was why has the neighbour got a
right of access across your property and does he use it. Does he know about
it.
Before you start all the legal bumf, I would ask your neighbour about it
first. You certainly don't want to cause any upset legally if you can both
talk about it first and both agree to the sale in principle. The you could
both start the legal band wagon rolling.
--
the_constructor

Don't tip it, recycle it. Join your local group.

http://freecycle.org/display.php?reg...ited%20Kingdom

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Sep, 18:12, wrote:
Hi,

Hope someone can advise me on this.

My neighbour currentley has a 'right of access' across the back of my
property (directly under my kitchen windows/back wall of house) and
I'd like to purchase it of him so I can extend out te back. It's in
the deeds and all legal.

A) Has anyone done this?
B) Is it a legal minefield?
C) Any tips you can offer. Price?

I've not breached the subject with them yet but wanted to be as clued
up as possible.
cheers
Spoons

I`ve done it in Scotland which will be different from English law I
suppose.It did not cost much considering lawyer charges £120/hr.I
can`t remember what the procedure is called but it`s an add on to the
deeds which is signed by both parties.
I paid other persons legal cost as well and total bill was under
£1000.

rec access Pat Woodworking 0 December 13th 05 05:12 AM
rec access Edwin Pawlowski Woodworking 0 December 13th 05 04:18 AM