Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CH Controller Terminal Identification

It's that time of year when the 3 port valves have to wake from their
slumber and mine has developed incontinence over the summer. I have decided
to bite the bullet and separate the CH control from the DHW (can only have
CH + DHW, not CH on its own). I have worked out the wiring required but am
missing one vital piece of info - what function the connectors on the
controller are mapped to.

I have a Landis and Gyr controller model RWB252, but I cannot find the
installation notes that came with it 10+ years ago. It seem that the
domestic controllers side of Landis and Gyr is now in the hands of Siemens
Buildng Technology and the data on earlier models is lost. Googling has not
revealed the info directly, but I have found other controllers that claim to
be directly compatible with the mounting plate. So it would seem that the 6
terminals are as follows:

L = Live
N = Neutral
1 = HW off
2 = CH off
3 = HW on
4 = CH on

Can anyone confirm if this is correct (perhaps it might be a standard for
this brand of controllers)?

Regards,

Andy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy
writes
[...]

Is it not on the back of the programmer ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:56:47 +0100, Andy wrote:

L = Live
N = Neutral
1 = HW off
2 = CH off
3 = HW on
4 = CH on

That looks like a universal backplate pinout. Does the programmer have
pins which plug into slit-like sockets on a square plastic frame fixed to
the wall, with 2 screws at the bottom fastening the programmer to the
plate? The frame being about the size of a light switch plate?

--
John Stumbles

What do you mean, talking about it isn't oral sex?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:56:47 +0100, Andy wrote:

L = Live
N = Neutral
1 = HW off
2 = CH off
3 = HW on
4 = CH on

That looks like a universal backplate pinout. Does the programmer have
pins which plug into slit-like sockets on a square plastic frame fixed to
the wall, with 2 screws at the bottom fastening the programmer to the
plate? The frame being about the size of a light switch plate?

John,

Your description exactly matches the mounting/wiring plate I have. As this
info backs up the data I had found else where (for a different controller),
I took the plunge and rewired my system over the week end. I am happy to
report that it all worked perfectly first time.

Thanks again,

Andy.