Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Microporous Emulsion Paint

Hi,

Can anybody recommend or comment on microporous emulsion (interior) paint.

I have one room to decorate in which I would like to allow the walls to
breathe. I see there are several brands available including
http://www.auro.co.uk/ and Farrow and Ball "Modern".

Any experiences (negative or positive)?

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 16, 7:32 pm, "Vortex" wrote:
..
Any experiences (negative or positive)?

Hi,

I'd look for emulsion suitable for new plaster, these allow the
plaster to continue to dry out after painting so must be pretty vapour
permeable.

cheers,
Pete.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vortex wrote:

Hi,

Can anybody recommend or comment on microporous emulsion (interior) paint.

I have one room to decorate in which I would like to allow the walls to
breathe. I see there are several brands available including
http://www.auro.co.uk/ and Farrow and Ball "Modern".

Any experiences (negative or positive)?

David

all emulsion is porous to some extent, the term microporous
means very little in practice.

If you have the type of property that needs a breathable paint, oil
bound distemper is the stuff to go for. Emulsion is a bit porous but
nothing like as much as distemper.

NT