Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pain peeling off wall arount toilet cistern.

The paint is peeling off the wall around our toilet cistern.

I can only guess that it is due to the area being cool and condensation
forming.

What is the solution, better paint? Some sort of process before painting?

TIA,
Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pain*t* peeling off wall aroun*d* toilet cistern.

"R D S" wrote in message
The paint is peeling off the wall around our toilet cistern.

I can only guess that it is due to the area being cool and condensation
forming.

What is the solution, better paint? Some sort of process before painting?

TIA,
Rick

Sheesh, there's nowt like looking at the spelling before clicking send....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 13:01:16 +0100, "R D S" wrote:

"R D S" wrote in message
The paint is peeling off the wall around our toilet cistern.

I can only guess that it is due to the area being cool and condensation
forming.

What is the solution, better paint? Some sort of process before painting?

TIA,
Rick

Sheesh, there's nowt like looking at the spelling before clicking send....

I'm strugglng to fnd a spelling mistake but why did you alter the
subject line to make it start a new thread ?

You could have said "peeing" off the wall
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
The paint is peeling off the wall around our toilet cistern.

I can only guess that it is due to the area being cool and condensation
forming.

What is the solution, better paint? Some sort of process before
painting?

TIA,
Rick

Sheesh, there's nowt like looking at the spelling before clicking send....

I'm strugglng to fnd a spelling mistake but why did you alter the
subject line to make it start a new thread ?

You could have said "peeing" off the wall

Does it start a new thread? It shows up as a reply here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:

The paint is peeling off the wall around our toilet cistern.

I can only guess that it is due to the area being cool and condensation
forming.

What is the solution, better paint? Some sort of process before painting?

TIA,
Rick

water due to splash or condensation eventually exhausts the glue
component in the paint. A little more glue in the paint might help,
but too much causes problems. The other probably better option
would be a more waterproof paint than emulsion, such as oil based
eggshell.

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Paint

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , R D S
writes

.. .

"R D S" wrote in message
The paint is peeling off the wall around our toilet cistern.

I can only guess that it is due to the area being cool and condensation
forming.

What is the solution, better paint? Some sort of process before
painting?

TIA,
Rick

Sheesh, there's nowt like looking at the spelling before clicking send....

I'm strugglng to fnd a spelling mistake but why did you alter the
subject line to make it start a new thread ?

You could have said "peeing" off the wall

Does it start a new thread? It shows up as a reply here.

Prolly does in some crap newsreaders ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...
R D S wrote:

The paint is peeling off the wall around our toilet cistern.

I can only guess that it is due to the area being cool and condensation
forming.

What is the solution, better paint? Some sort of process before painting?

TIA,
Rick

water due to splash or condensation eventually exhausts the glue
component in the paint. A little more glue in the paint might help,
but too much causes problems. The other probably better option
would be a more waterproof paint than emulsion, such as oil based
eggshell.

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Paint

Thanks for that,

Cheers,
Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , R D S
writes
I'm strugglng to fnd a spelling mistake but why did you alter the
subject line to make it start a new thread ?

You could have said "peeing" off the wall

Does it start a new thread? It shows up as a reply here.

It's a feature of Forte Agent - Stuart is threading on Subject, not
References.

--
Si
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , geoff
writes

I'm strugglng to fnd a spelling mistake but why did you alter the
subject line to make it start a new thread ?

You could have said "peeing" off the wall

Does it start a new thread? It shows up as a reply here.

Prolly does in some crap newsreaders ...

I resisted writing that...

--
Si
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:00:04 +0100, Si $3o&m wrote:

In message , R D S
writes
I'm strugglng to fnd a spelling mistake but why did you alter the
subject line to make it start a new thread ?

You could have said "peeing" off the wall

Does it start a new thread? It shows up as a reply here.

It's a feature of Forte Agent - Stuart is threading on Subject, not
References.

I am indeed ..(can't see the alternative "references" tho"..only
"lines") but I have always done it that way as I find it makes more
sense to follow threads .However more and more recently I have been
finding replies shown elsewhere than in the original thread ...maybe
it's with people using Google etc to post replies ....I have to say I
find that annoying .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Stuart B
writes
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:00:04 +0100, Si $3o&m wrote:

In message , R D S
writes
I'm strugglng to fnd a spelling mistake but why did you alter the
subject line to make it start a new thread ?

You could have said "peeing" off the wall

Does it start a new thread? It shows up as a reply here.

It's a feature of Forte Agent - Stuart is threading on Subject, not
References.

I am indeed ..(can't see the alternative "references" tho"..only
"lines") but I have always done it that way as I find it makes more
sense to follow threads .However more and more recently I have been
finding replies shown elsewhere than in the original thread ...maybe
it's with people using Google etc to post replies ....I have to say I
find that annoying .

I believe it's a feature that Forte Agent lacks.

--
Si
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
The paint is peeling off the wall around our toilet cistern.

I can only guess that it is due to the area being cool and condensation
forming.

What is the solution, better paint? Some sort of process before painting?

TIA,
Rick

Sheesh, there's nowt like looking at the spelling before clicking send....

I'm strugglng to fnd a spelling mistake

How about a missing 'i'.......

:-)

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
The paint is peeling off the wall around our toilet cistern.

I can only guess that it is due to the area being cool and condensation
forming.

What is the solution, better paint? Some sort of process before painting?

TIA,
Rick

Sheesh, there's nowt like looking at the spelling before clicking send....

I'm strugglng to fnd a spelling mistake

Moi aussi, so come on Mr Wordsmith, tell us the spelling mistake.....

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
The paint is peeling off the wall around our toilet cistern.

I can only guess that it is due to the area being cool and condensation
forming.

What is the solution, better paint? Some sort of process before painting?

TIA,
Rick

Sheesh, there's nowt like looking at the spelling before clicking send....

I'm strugglng to fnd a spelling mistake

Moi aussi, so come on Mr Wordsmith, tell us the spelling mistake.....

In the "Subject"

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
The paint is peeling off the wall around our toilet cistern.

I can only guess that it is due to the area being cool and condensation
forming.

What is the solution, better paint? Some sort of process before painting?

TIA,
Rick

Sheesh, there's nowt like looking at the spelling before clicking send....

I'm strugglng to fnd a spelling mistake

Moi aussi, so come on Mr Wordsmith, tell us the spelling mistake.....

In the "Subject"

David

Ah . Now I see them :-) So that's why the OP amended the subject line
to emphasise the mistakes .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
The paint is peeling off the wall around our toilet cistern.

I can only guess that it is due to the area being cool and condensation
forming.

What is the solution, better paint? Some sort of process before painting?

TIA,
Rick

Sheesh, there's nowt like looking at the spelling before clicking send....

I'm strugglng to fnd a spelling mistake

Moi aussi, so come on Mr Wordsmith, tell us the spelling mistake.....

In the "Subject"

David

Mea culpa, yes, I realised as soon as I sent the original, which is why I
sent out a cancel notice.....

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net

Bathtub wall tiles peeling... G Home Repair 9 April 14th 07 09:21 PM
Bathtub wall tiles peeling... Kristen Caldwell Electronics Repair 0 April 14th 07 07:38 AM
Toilet cistern Staffbull UK diy 5 January 16th 07 12:57 PM
The cistern and toilet The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 12 January 22nd 06 06:49 PM
Toilet Cistern John UK diy 4 December 3rd 04 11:02 PM