Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wood flooring protection

I'm looking to put engineered wood flooring down in my dining room. I
realise that the usual protection for this type of floor are self-adhesive
felt pads where there are 'point' contacts. I have a problem in that my
dining chairs are tubular framed, and have quite long contact areas. Each
chair has two twin central supports, one of each pair bends and projects
forward into a stub end about 150mm long, the second of each pair bends
into a long continuous loop on the floor but across the back of the chair.
Tube diameter is 19mm.

Felt pads aren't really going to work very well with this arrangement, and
I wondered if anyone had come across a clip-on style nylon foot. I've
googled in vain.

Alternatively, any recommendations for a supplier of nylon sleeving or
tubing that could be cut into shorter pieces, say 25mm or so, and split and
clipped onto the tubing to give the necessary protection.

Any thoughts also on the type of sleeving? I say nylon, but I'm sure there
are other plastics better suited to the job. Colourwise, I'm looking for
clear or the milky white of nylon.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net

help with wood protection (ot) Ruby LeChat Woodturning 2 September 23rd 06 07:05 AM
wood floor protection vic Woodworking 3 July 24th 06 01:44 PM
Wood flooring andy anderson Woodworking 1 October 21st 05 11:59 AM
Fir wood protection for outside? [email protected] Woodworking 7 May 16th 05 07:16 PM
What to use for outdoor anti-rot/mildew/water wood protection blueman Home Repair 1 April 1st 05 11:03 PM