Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lol

A full newel post in screwme is £22.99 and a half newel post is £15.99...you
would have thought it being half of one, so the price should be half.

Ding!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
A full newel post in screwme is £22.99 and a half newel post is
£15.99...you
would have thought it being half of one, so the price should be half.

Doesn't work for cucumbers either!

HTH

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 14:28:59 +0100, "John"
wrote:

"George" wrote in message
k...
A full newel post in screwme is £22.99 and a half newel post is
£15.99...you
would have thought it being half of one, so the price should be half.

Doesn't work for cucumbers either!

Buy a full newel post and save nearly 40% !

(Newel post halving tools can be found on page 87 from just £24.99)

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Thus spake John ) unto the assembled multitudes:

"George" wrote in message
A full newel post in screwme is £22.99 and a half newel post is
£15.99...you
would have thought it being half of one, so the price should be half.

Doesn't work for cucumbers either!

And instead of "Buy One Get One Free" offers, why can't they just sell
those lines at half price? It drives me maaaaaaad, speshly when I only
want
*one* of the items.

Recently at my local Morry Bongos they had Muller Corner yoghurts on at
£2.18 for a pack of six or 2 packs for £2.00!! People were buying them and
giving the other pack away it didn't half confuse the checkout operators
when people were going through saying "Oh no, I haven't bought this my
friend/mother/a stranger gave it to me!!

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
A full newel post in screwme is £22.99 and a half newel post is
£15.99...you
would have thought it being half of one, so the price should be half.

Doesn't work for cucumbers either!

HTH

John

Does Screwfix sell cucumbers now?

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"John" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
A full newel post in screwme is £22.99 and a half newel post is
£15.99...you
would have thought it being half of one, so the price should be half.

Doesn't work for cucumbers either!

HTH

John

Does Screwfix sell cucumbers now?

Well, its what will be delivered if you order masonry drills.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Paul Herber" wrote in message

Buy a full newel post and save nearly 40% !

(Newel post halving tools can be found on page 87 from just £24.99)

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

Hahahahaha how did you work that out... with a duff calculator?

I have bench saw already so's not a proble cutting in half. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message

"Paul Herber" wrote in message

Buy a full newel post and save nearly 40% !

(Newel post halving tools can be found on page 87 from just £24.99)

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

Hahahahaha how did you work that out... with a duff calculator?

I have bench saw already so's not a proble cutting in half. :-)

But obviously a problem cutting the word PROBLEM in half or is that a new
French pronunciation?

Cheers

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message

"Paul Herber" wrote in message

Buy a full newel post and save nearly 40% !

(Newel post halving tools can be found on page 87 from just £24.99)

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

Hahahahaha how did you work that out... with a duff calculator?

I have bench saw already so's not a proble cutting in half. :-)

But obviously a problem cutting the word PROBLEM in half or is that a new
French pronunciation?

Cheers

John

Well when I get a new eyboard things will be fine, until then Im afraid the
ey's remain naced.
This hammer comes in handy. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
k...

I have bench saw already so's not a proble cutting in half. :-)

But obviously a problem cutting the word PROBLEM in half or is that a new
French pronunciation?

Cheers

John

Well when I get a new eyboard things will be fine, until then Im afraid
the
ey's remain naced.
This hammer comes in handy. :-)

Your keyboard does need changing. Before you seemed to have a problem with
the letter 'm' now it appears to be the letter 'k'!

P.S. I am presuming "naced" should read KNACKERED, if so you also starting
to have a problem with "e" and "r" So I suggest you stop typing words
endind in 'ker' like ....I am sure you will work it out!.

Cheers

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message
"George" wrote in message
k...

[...]

Now you seem to have dodgy eys...your 'g' is foobard.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
"George" wrote in message
k...

I have bench saw already so's not a proble cutting in half. :-)

But obviously a problem cutting the word PROBLEM in half or is that
a new French pronunciation?

Cheers

John

Well when I get a new eyboard things will be fine, until then Im
afraid the
ey's remain naced.
This hammer comes in handy. :-)

Your keyboard does need changing. Before you seemed to have a
problem with the letter 'm' now it appears to be the letter 'k'!

P.S. I am presuming "naced" should read KNACKERED, if so you also
starting to have a problem with "e" and "r" So I suggest you stop
typing words endind in 'ker' like ....I am sure you will work it out!.

Mr. Bounder: Listen...can you say the letter K?
Mr. Smoketoomuch: Oh, yes. Khaki, kettle, Kipling, Khomeini, Kellog's Born
Flakes.
Mr. Bounder: Well, why don't you say the letter K instead of the letter C?
Mr. Smoketoomuch: Well, you mean, pronounce "blassified" with a K?
Mr. Bounder: Yes, absolutely!
Mr. Smoketoomuch: Classified!
Mr. Bounder: Good!
Mr. Smoketoomuch: Oh, it's very good! I never thought of that before. What a
silly bunt.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
A full newel post in screwme is £22.99 and a half newel post is
£15.99...you
would have thought it being half of one, so the price should be half.

Doesn't work for cucumbers either!

HTH

John

Does Screwfix sell cucumbers now?

Well, its what will be delivered if you order masonry drills.

That's been your experience?

On your heart now ...

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 3, 3:50 pm, "John" wrote:
wrote in message

Thus spake John ) unto the assembled multitudes:

"George" wrote in message
. uk...
A full newel post in screwme is £22.99 and a half newel post is
£15.99...you
would have thought it being half of one, so the price should be half.

Doesn't work for cucumbers either!

And instead of "Buy One Get One Free" offers, why can't they just sell
those lines at half price? It drives me maaaaaaad, speshly when I only
want
*one* of the items.

Recently at my local Morry Bongos they had Muller Corner yoghurts on at
£2.18 for a pack of six or 2 packs for £2.00!! People were buying them and
giving the other pack away it didn't half confuse the checkout operators
when people were going through saying "Oh no, I haven't bought this my
friend/mother/a stranger gave it to me!!

Tesco had a similar offer on some cereal recently. The best ones I
have had are products reduced because they are near their sell buy
date. If the BOGOF or special offer isn't cancelled then the discount
is applied at the full rate and you can end up being paid to take them
away.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 21:52:52 GMT, "George"
wrote:

"Paul Herber" wrote in message

Buy a full newel post and save nearly 40% !

(Newel post halving tools can be found on page 87 from just £24.99)

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

Hahahahaha how did you work that out... with a duff calculator?

er, I didn't calculate anything, I just pulled an appropriate figure
out of thin air.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electrical for Visio http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/