Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

Default renovate a full bathroom

I am looking to renovate my bathroom and want to do the lotnew shower/bath,
install power shower new tiles wall and floor ect

I want to hire someone to do the plumbing and hire someone to do the tiling
I intend to buy all the tiles and bathroom and shower myself through the
internet.

So I basically after any advice I can get regarding all this.

What comes first ? plumbing or the tiling ? or is it both at same time
really ?

also anybody got any ideas on what sort of price these guys would charge for
the labour ?

sorry to sound like such a goon, but never done out a bathroom before !!!

Lee

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lee wrote:
I am looking to renovate my bathroom and want to do the lotnew shower/bath,
install power shower new tiles wall and floor ect

I want to hire someone to do the plumbing and hire someone to do the tiling
I intend to buy all the tiles and bathroom and shower myself through the
internet.

What comes first ? plumbing or the tiling ? or is it both at same time

Oh dear. You really should do some reading of a basic DIY book first.
What makes you think pros would be interested in fitting a load of stuff
you got off the web? Even if they are they'll just charge you more to
cover the markup they would have made on the materials. How will you
know its suitable or the right quantity?
Any problems afterwards will be put down the stuff you supplied.
Of course the tiling is done last.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"OldBill" wrote in message
Lee wrote:
I am looking to renovate my bathroom and want to do the lotnew

shower/bath,
install power shower new tiles wall and floor ect

I want to hire someone to do the plumbing and hire someone to do the

tiling
I intend to buy all the tiles and bathroom and shower myself through the
internet.

What comes first ? plumbing or the tiling ? or is it both at same time

Oh dear. You really should do some reading of a basic DIY book first.
What makes you think pros would be interested in fitting a load of stuff
you got off the web? Even if they are they'll just charge you more to
cover the markup they would have made on the materials. How will you
know its suitable or the right quantity?
Any problems afterwards will be put down the stuff you supplied.
Of course the tiling is done last.

Erm... I'd find someone who does both.

position all plumbing, fix in bath and shower tray, pull out toilet and
sink, tile walls, tile floors, fix in sink and toilet.

Did one last week, no seperate shower, 18sqm tiles £850 incl decor

Welding NG is full RoyJ Metalworking 32 August 19th 07 05:34 AM
OT anyone want barn to renovate in France? Holly, in France UK diy 23 March 15th 07 01:23 PM
Ideas to renovate a small galley kitchen [email protected] Home Repair 7 November 7th 06 01:52 AM
Renovate a foreclosure and flip it ! [email protected] Home Repair 0 September 26th 06 05:58 PM
How do I work out when the bag is full? Himszy Electronics 1 March 26th 05 09:24 PM