Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plasterboard and Mortar

Does ordinary sand & cement mortar stick OK to plasterboard?

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris" wrote in message
ps.com...
Does ordinary sand & cement mortar stick OK to plasterboard?

Chris

Dunno? never had the inclination to try it.

Why would you want to?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message
ps.com...
Does ordinary sand & cement mortar stick OK to plasterboard?

Chris

Dunno? never had the inclination to try it.

Why would you want to?

Never tried it but I would think that if PB was sealed with PVA diluted
and then fresh bonding with undiluted PVA, then it would stick as well
as plaster.

Steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve wrote:
George wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message
ps.com...
Does ordinary sand & cement mortar stick OK to plasterboard?

Chris

Dunno? never had the inclination to try it.

Why would you want to?

Never tried it but I would think that if PB was sealed with PVA diluted
and then fresh bonding with undiluted PVA, then it would stick as well
as plaster.

And if that does not work, then stick expanded metal lath on it first...
lets you render just about anything!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 04:22:59 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Steve wrote:
George wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message
ps.com...
Does ordinary sand & cement mortar stick OK to plasterboard?

Chris

Dunno? never had the inclination to try it.

Why would you want to?

Never tried it but I would think that if PB was sealed with PVA diluted
and then fresh bonding with undiluted PVA, then it would stick as well
as plaster.

And if that does not work, then stick expanded metal lath on it first...
lets you render just about anything!

Very good advice! Actualy you could do away with the plaster board and
just have the EML.

Using Mortar Greg Home Repair 6 February 5th 07 05:13 AM
Mortar dye 51 UK diy 24 December 4th 06 01:00 PM
Mortar John UK diy 4 February 3rd 06 05:23 PM
mortar mix Andy Home Repair 2 May 17th 05 04:36 AM
Mortar Mix BigWallop UK diy 12 July 5th 03 11:46 PM