Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screed - What type?

Hi, I am doing the easy stuff on my conservatory myself to save £££, I
laid the concrete base on Friday, at some point, I also need to put screed
down ontop.

Briefly looking, there seem to quite a few different types.

I am looking at a depth of about 60mm, area of 18sq M. I will be going
with laminate flooring eventually.

What are the advantages of the different types of screed?

What is the most suitable for my application?
What is the most cost effective for my application?
What are the potential downsides for going for the most cost effective
solution?

Cheers!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Black Shuck wrote:
Hi, I am doing the easy stuff on my conservatory myself to save £££, I
laid the concrete base on Friday, at some point, I also need to put
screed down ontop.

Briefly looking, there seem to quite a few different types.

I am looking at a depth of about 60mm, area of 18sq M. I will be going
with laminate flooring eventually.

What are the advantages of the different types of screed?

What is the most suitable for my application?
What is the most cost effective for my application?
What are the potential downsides for going for the most cost effective
solution?

Cheers!

60 mm is a lot of screed. Any reason why the base wasn't just laid 60mm
higher?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Black Shuck" wrote in message
news
Hi, I am doing the easy stuff on my conservatory myself to save £££, I
laid the concrete base on Friday, at some point, I also need to put screed
down ontop.

Briefly looking, there seem to quite a few different types.

I am looking at a depth of about 60mm, area of 18sq M. I will be going
with laminate flooring eventually.

What are the advantages of the different types of screed?

What is the most suitable for my application?
What is the most cost effective for my application?
What are the potential downsides for going for the most cost effective
solution?

Cheers!

20 washed sand, 4 cement, 1/2 bucket water. Mix should be stiff.
Start on one side of door way and work round the edge of the room in a clock
ways direction about 9" to a 12" or 225mm to 300mm wide, checking with a 5'
or 1.5 sprit level. Fill in the rest using a 3" x 2" or 50mm x 75mm timber
as a level reaching from one side to the other. 1st finish with a plastic
float to level out any dips filling in as you go then lightly skim over with
a steel float. Do just enough as you can reach until you reach the door
exit

Circuit Breakers: Murray Type MP-T vs. Siemens Type QP Green Giant Home Repair 2 June 5th 21 07:15 PM
Screed help red.fox UK diy 1 January 24th 07 05:53 PM
Screed help red.fox UK diy 0 January 24th 07 04:57 PM
Turning darts(dartboard type, not blowgun type) eyeclinic Metalworking 17 December 11th 05 02:53 PM
"Dry" mix screed Omri UK diy 11 December 8th 04 10:24 AM