Philip Wagstaff

Default Drywall/plasterboard corners

I'm pretty sure you stick in those shaped wire grills, made for in and out
corners etc sold in the sheds.

How ?

Does anyone know of any online resources I can take a look at.

I'm doing a 90 degree corner in a relatively high traffic area.

The 2 boards need to butt joint together. Is there an edging piece I
can put over to protect the corner ?

I don't know if it's possible to mitre the boards together. I suppose
this'd make the jount even weaker even if covered in edging tape.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Paul.

Zymurgy

(Andrew Gabriel) wrote
(Zymurgy) writes:

I'm doing a 90 degree corner in a relatively high traffic area.

The 2 boards need to butt joint together. Is there an edging piece I
can put over to protect the corner ?

Are you plastering it? If so, plasterboard edging strip.
If not, I think you can buy plastic corner protectors, but I
never have used them personally.

Thanks, found the plasterboard corners in one of the sheds. They do a
corner piece and a more expensive clip over one (which is ideal).

WRT to plastering it, yes, I was going to chuck a skim coat over it
anyway. For the inside walls though does this need to be skimmed ?

If I fill over thee screwheads and paint, will it look a dogs dinner ?

Let me know,

Thanks for the help

Paul.