Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Life is sweet :-)

Been ripping out an old bathroom & fitting a new one this week, including
tiling.

Jobs been a bugger from day one, problem after problem, most of which could
not have been anticipated, some of which were caused by owner & tenants.
Over run from 3 ish days to 5 ish days. Rented property, owner has been
fine, tenants wife has been fine, very understanding of the problems & what
I've done to overcome them.

The bloke has been a right PITA. Constantly ringing the owner complaining
that the job hasn't been finished, it was supposed to be done in 3 days, why
is my bathroom still a mess, when is it going to be done.

I've explained to the owner that the numerous problems have delayed the job,
that you never know what snags might happen until you actually start a job,
unforeseen circumstances cause delays & increases in cost. The owner is
fine with that.

The tenant is not having any of it, still whinging, not accepting any
'excuses'.

Arrived this morning to finish the job to find happy Harry tenant servicing
his V reg Fiesta, About an hour later I popped out to get something from
the van to find happy Harry in a right state.

First spark plug he had tried to remove had sheared off flush with the head
& wouldn't budge!

I smiled sweetly & remarked that things didn't always go according to plan,
he couldn't have foreseen that happening, and the job was now going to take
a lot longer than he thought :-)

I didn't actually laugh until my head was inside the van :-)

He called the AA who towed it to a local garage, who want £300 to remove the
head & sort it!

There is a God!

Shardenfroider I think they call it!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 11, 11:50 pm, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
[...]

Schadenfreude. Actually if there is a god's son, he advised against
it. (Actually, actually; I think it might have been god his self
urging such caution, through an earlier minister. I'm not sure.)

I used to think the caution "to answer a fool according to his
foolishness" but rather to "answer a fool according to his
foolishness" was to treat a fool in exactly the wrong way the sage was
really advising.

However that is getting into deep poetry.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12 Aug, 00:55, Weatherlawyer wrote:

Schadenfreude. Actually if there is a god's son, he advised against
it. (Actually, actually; I think it might have been god his self
urging such caution, through an earlier minister. I'm not sure.)

I used to think the caution "to answer a fool according to his
foolishness" but rather to "answer a fool according to his
foolishness" was to treat a fool in exactly the wrong way the sage was
really advising.

However that is getting into deep poetry.

I foresee a BAD Sunday morning hangover ;-) Still, I'm a sad bugger
who stayed in on Saturday night to watch his boiler's ignition cycle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

If you can always follow that advice you will truley be King of kings
or one of many.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Arrived this morning to finish the job to find happy Harry tenant
servicing his V reg Fiesta, About an hour later I popped out to get
something from the van to find happy Harry in a right state.

First spark plug he had tried to remove had sheared off flush with the
head & wouldn't budge!

They're renown for it. Something to do with long life small plugs.

--
*(over a sketch of the titanic) "The boat sank - get over it

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Arrived this morning to finish the job to find happy Harry tenant
servicing his V reg Fiesta, About an hour later I popped out to get
something from the van to find happy Harry in a right state.

First spark plug he had tried to remove had sheared off flush with the
head & wouldn't budge!

They're renown for it. Something to do with long life small plugs.

possibly aided by turning it the wrong way? ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 Aug, 23:50, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

First spark plug he had tried to remove had sheared off flush with the head
& wouldn't budge!

I smiled sweetly & remarked that things didn't always go according to plan,
he couldn't have foreseen that happening, and the job was now going to take
a lot longer than he thought :-)

There is a God!

Shardenfroider I think they call it!

He could have forseen it.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=109&

Taper thread plugs liable to corrode into place in a crappy push-rod
engine.
If he'd forseen that he wouldn't have bought a Fiesta.
He's still got another 3 to get out yet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Onetap wrote:

He could have forseen it.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=109&

Very bad site - full of bad news - don't look - it will upset ye.

*everything* mentioned on that website unfortunately came true on my
Renault Laguna.

(

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 20:40:06 +0100, Adrian C
mused:

Onetap wrote:

He could have forseen it.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=109&

Very bad site - full of bad news - don't look - it will upset ye.

*everything* mentioned on that website unfortunately came true on my
Renault Laguna.

Yep, mine too, although I did give it some stick but still. My mate
has a Laguna too, and his is showing some similar faults to mine as
well.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Onetap wrote:

He could have forseen it.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=109&

Very bad site - full of bad news - don't look - it will upset ye.

But all true. HJ knows his motors.

As Confucious said, If it's got tits or wheels, it'll cause you grief.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Onetap wrote:

He could have forseen it.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=109&

Very bad site - full of bad news - don't look - it will upset ye.

But all true. HJ knows his motors.

As Confucious said, If it's got tits or wheels, it'll cause you grief.

You mean if it's got tits, wheels or is French engineering it will
cause you grief.

Create the life that you desire at Your Rich Life [email protected] Woodturning 0 July 15th 07 04:40 AM
Sweet Gum Logs tlc... Woodworking 4 March 17th 06 06:38 PM
hey sweet Erich J. Schultheis, The Man with the 15 inch Cock Electronics Repair 0 December 27th 05 11:52 PM
EAT MY SWEET Frank ess Woodworking 1 August 30th 03 02:32 AM