Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default IP ratings for bathroom electrical fittings

Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get the lowdown on IP ratings without having to
invest in the latest Wiring Regs. I am particularly concerned in the siting
of wall fans.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 Aug, 13:06, "Tricky Dicky"
wrote:
Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get the lowdown on IP ratings without having to
invest in the latest Wiring Regs. I am particularly concerned in the siting
of wall fans.

Richard

Take your pick!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...UK%7CcountryGB

or http://tinyurl.com/35op67 if it wraps.

Mathew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get the lowdown on IP ratings without having to
invest in the latest Wiring Regs. I am particularly concerned in the siting
of wall fans.

Don't think there is a regulation regarding their siting. As long as
they suck air, thats good enough. Mind you one tucked at the bottom of a
wall behind the bog might have the BCO scratching for his rule book..

I'll say one thing tho, don't put a humidistat next to an open window
where it will come on in heavy rain showers ;-)

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 13:46:28 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get the lowdown on IP ratings without having to
invest in the latest Wiring Regs. I am particularly concerned in the siting
of wall fans.

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/eng...314110382.html

for the Part P regulations. My electrician vetoed my fan-at-the-end-of
the-bath idea cos is in the wrong zone. Luckily fan-in-the-ceiling was
acceptable. 2.4m above the floor is the magic distance istr

Anna
--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repair and conservation

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:49:32 GMT, (Anna
Kettle) mused:

wrote:

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get the lowdown on IP ratings without having to
invest in the latest Wiring Regs. I am particularly concerned in the siting
of wall fans.

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/eng...314110382.html

for the Part P regulations. My electrician vetoed my fan-at-the-end-of
the-bath idea cos is in the wrong zone.

I'd have put a low voltage one in if it was in the bath.

Luckily fan-in-the-ceiling was
acceptable. 2.4m above the floor is the magic distance istr

2.4m from the bottom of the bath.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anna Kettle wrote:

for the Part P regulations. My electrician vetoed my fan-at-the-end-of
the-bath idea cos is in the wrong zone. Luckily fan-in-the-ceiling was
acceptable. 2.4m above the floor is the magic distance istr

With a ceiling one you can have a ducted fan, with the actual fan remote
(in the loft for example), which gets round any zoning problems.

--
Cheers,

John.

Supply for bathroom fittings [email protected] UK diy 5 March 14th 07 07:44 AM
French bathroom fittings - will they fit here? Duval UK diy 33 November 27th 05 03:58 PM
PVC Electrical Fittings & AL Red-Dot Outdoor Box: O.K. ? Robert11 Home Repair 2 September 12th 05 09:36 PM
French bathroom fittings stevep UK diy 3 October 26th 04 12:27 PM
Quality Bathroom Fittings TheScullster UK diy 4 August 19th 04 08:34 AM