Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch PHO 100 planer

Anyone tried to replace blades and found the blades dont fit,even though it
says bosch on the pkt and indicated they were for the bosch odel intended?

Someone needs they're blades renewing and given me the official bosch blades
but they slide out quite freely even with the plate fasten quite firmly.

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 5, 3:11 pm, "George" wrote:
Anyone tried to replace blades and found the blades dont fit,even though it
says bosch on the pkt and indicated they were for the bosch odel intended?

Someone needs they're blades renewing and given me the official bosch blades
but they slide out quite freely even with the plate fasten quite firmly.

TIA

They haven't got blades for the PH01 planer by mistake have they? Is
their a part number for the blades they have bought?

cheers,
Pete.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pete C" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 5, 3:11 pm, "George" wrote:
Anyone tried to replace blades and found the blades dont fit,even though

it
says bosch on the pkt and indicated they were for the bosch odel

intended?

Someone needs they're blades renewing and given me the official bosch

blades
but they slide out quite freely even with the plate fasten quite firmly.

TIA

They haven't got blades for the PH01 planer by mistake have they? Is
their a part number for the blades they have bought?

cheers,
Pete.

Nope,definatly says PHO 100 on the back of pkt although this must be an old
planer as I cant D/L any manual for it on the bosch site as the PHO1 and
PHO100 are not listed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 5, 5:20 pm, "George" wrote:
"Pete C" wrote in message

Nope,definatly says PHO 100 on the back of pkt although this must be an old
planer as I cant D/L any manual for it on the bosch site as the PHO1 and
PHO100 are not listed.

Hi,

There is a parts breakdown he

http://www.mtmc.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=7462&strPageHistory=related

It lists the blades as part # 2607000096, so I take it this is the
number on the packet.

The only thing I can think of is that some thicker blades have been
used and warped the blade holder a little.

If they are the right blades, do the grooves have a kind of narrower
section about 10mm long near each end?

cheers,
Pete.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pete C" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 5, 5:20 pm, "George" wrote:
"Pete C" wrote in message

Nope,definatly says PHO 100 on the back of pkt although this must be an

old
planer as I cant D/L any manual for it on the bosch site as the PHO1 and
PHO100 are not listed.

Hi,

There is a parts breakdown he

http://www.mtmc.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=7462&strPageHistory=related

It lists the blades as part # 2607000096, so I take it this is the
number on the packet.

The only thing I can think of is that some thicker blades have been
used and warped the blade holder a little.

If they are the right blades, do the grooves have a kind of narrower
section about 10mm long near each end?

cheers,
Pete.

I suspect that the blades are not the right thickness ie there are out there
1.1mm and 1.2m,however I've rectified the problem by cutting a thin strip of
tin and doubling it over and hammered it flat and placed 2 pieces under each
blade to get a good grip with the securing plate.

:-)

the problem with buying blades for electric planers is...they show the
length and width on the pkts but never the thickness and with that problem
he could go and buy another set elsewere and still find they are not
acceptable and once they're taken out of the shrink plastic the chances of
changing them are slim.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sorry,meant 1 piece of tin under each blade

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message

the problem with buying blades for electric planers is...they show the
length and width on the pkts but never the thickness and with that problem
he could go and buy another set elsewere and still find they are not
acceptable and once they're taken out of the shrink plastic the chances of
changing them are slim.

There should be no problem getting a refund.. they are unsuitable for the
purpose they were supplied for.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi,

Sounds like you have blades made for all different makes including
Bosch instead of made *by* Bosch themselves.

If so I'd only get Bosch branded blades for your planer, they can be
had a bit cheaper from Ebay sometimes.

If getting other makes of blades, then getting a reputable brand from
somewhere that can give a refund if they don't fit.

IME the cheaper unbranded blades can give a poor finish, the best I've
had are from Trend.

cheers,
Pete.