Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Loo seat

Further to my post of a couple of weeks ago bemoaning the generally rather
fittings usually connecting loo seats with the pan, and wondering if there
was any alternative design - I've now discovered there is - in B & Q of all
places.

Having stood on my previous cheap white lid to do a job on the extractor fan
and fortuitously broken it (the seat not the fan), I have, for the grand sum
of £6.98 (less 10% geriatric discount) purchased a wooden "three piece" loo
seat, with a completely different, very logically designed fitting that is
very easy to install and looks very unlikely to start slipping, coming loose
or whatever. I won't even begin to explain it in words. The picture
doesn't really help either:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/na...=1185429587289

but the "third piece" at the back of the seat covers, and is screwed on to,
a sturdy plastic block that is in turn attached to the pan. I hope it
works, but for £6.20 you can't really go wrong!

Keith

Shower seat. Dave Home Repair 1 June 13th 06 05:51 AM
SEAT IN A BOX J T Woodworking 0 November 13th 05 02:22 AM
Getting toilet seat off? souls UK diy 19 October 13th 05 01:50 PM
chair seat steve Woodworking 10 January 17th 05 05:12 PM