DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   The wood is smooth (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/206956-wood-smooth.html)

George July 19th 07 10:28 PM

The wood is smooth

as my bottom when I was a baby :-)

Just had the chance to smooth down the wood I've been using for new door
frames with that ALDI orbital sander I bought last week...went ok and gives
a very fine finish on the wood,so fine the gloss paint went on like a mirror
finish. :0)

Well worth a tenner.

EricP July 19th 07 10:43 PM

The wood is smooth

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:28:16 GMT, "George"
wrote:

as my bottom when I was a baby :-)

Just had the chance to smooth down the wood I've been using for new door
frames with that ALDI orbital sander I bought last week...went ok and gives
a very fine finish on the wood,so fine the gloss paint went on like a mirror
finish. :0)

Well worth a tenner.

Stop baiting Andy and the other inmates here!!!!

George July 19th 07 10:47 PM

The wood is smooth

"EricP" wrote in message
Stop baiting Andy and the other inmates here!!!!

:-)

My bottom is now smooth as it used to be.

John Rumm July 20th 07 12:58 AM

The wood is smooth

George wrote:

Well worth a tenner.

can you still feel your fingers?

--
Cheers,

John.

Andy Hall July 20th 07 11:38 AM

The wood is smooth

On 2007-07-19 22:28:16 +0100, "George" said:

as my bottom when I was a baby :-)

Just had the chance to smooth down the wood I've been using for new door
frames with that ALDI orbital sander I bought last week...went ok and gives
a very fine finish on the wood,so fine the gloss paint went on like a mirror
finish. :0)

Well worth a tenner.

When's the appointment for the RSI surgery?

George July 20th 07 03:47 PM

The wood is smooth

"John Rumm" wrote in message
George wrote:

Well worth a tenner.

can you still feel your fingers?

--
Cheers,

John.

Oh sure,how do think I managed to paint the wood after sanding.

George July 20th 07 03:49 PM

The wood is smooth

On 2007-07-19 22:28:16 +0100, "George" said:

as my bottom when I was a baby :-)

Just had the chance to smooth down the wood I've been using for new door
frames with that ALDI orbital sander I bought last week...went ok and

gives
a very fine finish on the wood,so fine the gloss paint went on like a

mirror
finish. :0)

Well worth a tenner.

When's the appointment for the RSI surgery?

Most accidents happen due to lack of knowledge of basic DIY or loss of
concentration on the job.

The Medway Handyman July 20th 07 06:51 PM

The wood is smooth

On 2007-07-19 22:28:16 +0100, "George"
said:
as my bottom when I was a baby :-)

Just had the chance to smooth down the wood I've been using for new
door frames with that ALDI orbital sander I bought last week...went
ok and gives a very fine finish on the wood,so fine the gloss paint
went on like a mirror finish. :0)

Well worth a tenner.

When's the appointment for the RSI surgery?

Do you remember that series The Salvager? In one episope he was making (I
think) a concrete table top & used an orbital sander on the form work as a
vibrator (not that kind) to get the concrete as void free as possible.
Seemed to work a treat.

Maybe el cheapo orbitals have their uses.............

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Andy Hall July 20th 07 10:19 PM

The wood is smooth

On 2007-07-19 22:28:16 +0100, "George" said:

as my bottom when I was a baby :-)

Just had the chance to smooth down the wood I've been using for new door
frames with that ALDI orbital sander I bought last week...went ok and

gives
a very fine finish on the wood,so fine the gloss paint went on like a

mirror
finish. :0)

Well worth a tenner.

When's the appointment for the RSI surgery?

Most accidents happen due to lack of knowledge of basic DIY or loss of
concentration on the job.

True, but this isn't about that.