Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Choice of radiator

Hey,

Just about to buy a towel rail type radiator for the new system we're having
fitted at the end of the month. We quite fancy this one

Originally we saw one in MFI very similar to this, but they wanted more than
double the price ( yeah, watch me give ANY of my money to MFI!), any reason
why we shouldn't buy this one from screwfix?

If so, any pointers as to where I should be looking for one?

Thanks,

--

The Great Poobarr.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Great Poobarr" wrote in message
Hey,

Just about to buy a towel rail type radiator for the new system we're
having fitted at the end of the month. We quite fancy this one

Originally we saw one in MFI very similar to this, but they wanted more
than double the price ( yeah, watch me give ANY of my money to MFI!), any
reason why we shouldn't buy this one from screwfix?

If so, any pointers as to where I should be looking for one?

http://www.mrcentralheating.com/towelrails.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...
http://www.mrcentralheating.com/towelrails.html

Hmm, exactly the kind of thing we're wishing to avoid to be honest.

Ta though.

--

The Great Poobarr.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Great Poobarr" wrote in
message ...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...
http://www.mrcentralheating.com/towelrails.html

Hmm, exactly the kind of thing we're wishing to avoid to be honest.

Yes, I avoid any company with 'Mr ' in it's trading name too...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-08 14:11:11 +0100, ":Jerry:" said:

"The Great Poobarr" wrote in
message ...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...
http://www.mrcentralheating.com/towelrails.html

Hmm, exactly the kind of thing we're wishing to avoid to be honest.

Yes, I avoid any company with 'Mr ' in it's trading name too...

Yes you're right.

In France, Mr Bricolage is almost at the bottom of the pile of brico
supermarkets. Bricodepot is definitely at the bottom. It makes
Focus look outstanding.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Great Poobarr" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...
http://www.mrcentralheating.com/towelrails.html

Hmm, exactly the kind of thing we're wishing to avoid to be honest.

Ta though.

You are avoiding towel rails after asking where to buy them? Wow!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-08 14:11:11 +0100, ":Jerry:" said:

"The Great Poobarr" wrote in
message ...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...
http://www.mrcentralheating.com/towelrails.html

Hmm, exactly the kind of thing we're wishing to avoid to be honest.

Yes, I avoid any company with 'Mr ' in it's trading name too...

Yes you're right.

In France, Mr Bricolage is almost at the bottom of the pile of brico
supermarkets. Bricodepot is definitely at the bottom. It makes Focus
look outstanding.

Wow! What amazing logic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

snip

http://www.mrcentralheating.com/

Is that a picture of you Drivel?! :~O

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-08 16:59:32 +0100, ":Jerry:" said:

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

snip

http://www.mrcentralheating.com/

Is that a picture of you Drivel?! :~O

That doesn't bear thinking about.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-07-08 16:59:32 +0100, ":Jerry:"
said:

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

snip

http://www.mrcentralheating.com/

Is that a picture of you Drivel?! :~O

That doesn't bear thinking about.

No wonder he only has a paw grasp of the subject.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ews.net,
":Jerry:" writes

"The Great Poobarr" wrote in
message ...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...
http://www.mrcentralheating.com/towelrails.html

Hmm, exactly the kind of thing we're wishing to avoid to be honest.

Yes, I avoid any company with 'Mr ' in it's trading name too...

Or if recommended by Drivel

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...
You are avoiding towel rails after asking where to buy them? Wow!

Try reading and fully understanding the original post without just firing
off replies like a monkey with a machine gun.

Thanks,

No really,

Thanks.

--

The Great Poobarr.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"raden" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
":Jerry:" writes

"The Great Poobarr" wrote in
message ...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...
http://www.mrcentralheating.com/towelrails.html

Hmm, exactly the kind of thing we're wishing to avoid to be honest.

Yes, I avoid any company with 'Mr ' in it's trading name too...

Or if recommended by Drivel

Hi Maxie! Have you been passing bowl wind loudly lately?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Great Poobarr" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...
You are avoiding towel rails after asking where to buy them? Wow!

Try reading and fully understanding the original post without just firing
off replies like a monkey with a machine gun.

I did and gave a web site with better an cheaper rails with higher outputs.
What an ungrateful scumbag!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 22:45:21 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"The Great Poobarr" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...
You are avoiding towel rails after asking where to buy them? Wow!

Try reading and fully understanding the original post without just firing
off replies like a monkey with a machine gun.

I did and gave a web site with better an cheaper rails with higher outputs.

But it was a different style which presumably wasn't to the OPs liking
..
..
..
Which he politely told you
..
..
..
Then *you* got ****ty about it.

What an ungrateful scumbag!

Twice.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Great Poobarr wrote:
"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...
http://www.mrcentralheating.com/towelrails.html

Hmm, exactly the kind of thing we're wishing to avoid to be honest.

That is why dribble recommended it!

(If you did want that type TLC do a much nicer stainless steel version
for similar money)

--
Cheers,

John.

Snapped the radiator tap off the radiator (Now it's boiling & can't swtich it off) [email protected] UK diy 20 April 18th 06 09:37 PM
Using a standard radiator as an electric towel radiator [email protected] UK diy 5 October 11th 05 11:41 AM
Saw choice Giles Woodturning 11 January 26th 05 10:50 PM
Please Help With Saw Choice James D. Farrow Woodturning 13 October 20th 04 12:15 PM
Radiator valve to radiator tail coupling Lee Wright UK diy 1 August 22nd 03 10:11 AM