Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wireless doorbells

In article ,
Huge wrote:
I was going to buy one of these, since I can't hear the front door bell
from my office, and I've no desire to run wires everywhere.

Any recommendations/thoughts/comments, etc.?

One where the receiver is mains powered? Hopefully a bit louder than the
all battery types.

--
*Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Huge wrote:
I was going to buy one of these, since I can't hear the front door bell
from my office, and I've no desire to run wires everywhere.

Any recommendations/thoughts/comments, etc.?

One where the receiver is mains powered? Hopefully a bit louder than the
all battery types.

--
*Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

How loud do you need it to be sitting right next to you on the desk?

Nuthin wrong with battery type hence why its called Wireless ie you cant
plug a mains job in if you're at the bottom of the garden.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

. uk...

Huge wrote:
I was going to buy one of these, since I can't hear the front door bell
from my office, and I've no desire to run wires everywhere.

Any recommendations/thoughts/comments, etc.?

One where the receiver is mains powered? Hopefully a bit louder than the
all battery types.

--
*Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

How loud do you need it to be sitting right next to you on the desk?

Nuthin wrong with battery type hence why its called Wireless ie you cant
plug a mains job in if you're at the bottom of the garden.

Agreed to a point - however, the batteries in some don't last very long as
the receiver is akin to having a radio set turned on awaiting a signal. In
our situation it made sense to have the ringer plugged in - and kept on the
wall - rather than taking up space elsewhere. Wireless refers to the
transmission from push button to ringer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
George wrote:
One where the receiver is mains powered? Hopefully a bit louder than
the all battery types.

How loud do you need it to be sitting right next to you on the desk?

Nuthin wrong with battery type hence why its called Wireless ie you cant
plug a mains job in if you're at the bottom of the garden.

Fine if you like carrying around a doorbell all the time. Others have a
life to get on with.

--
*No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver,purple

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
One where the receiver is mains powered? Hopefully a bit louder than
the all battery types.

How loud do you need it to be sitting right next to you on the desk?

Nuthin wrong with battery type hence why its called Wireless ie you cant
plug a mains job in if you're at the bottom of the garden.

Fine if you like carrying around a doorbell all the time. Others have a
life to get on with.

--
*No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver,purple

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

No problem,however if I happen to ring someones doorbell and it chimes as
loud as bigben I'll know its Dave Plowmans house.
When I'm in the outhouse using my tools its needs to be with me otherwise I
won't hear it in the front room and on saying that neither will I hear a
wired bell.
I'f the bell rings though no need to go to the door in some cases as I have
also a wireless camera and small monitor to see whos at the door and if its
a jehovas witness ect then they get ignored.
The camera is affixed to the security hole viewer.

http://tinyurl.com/28dk2t

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
George wrote:
Nuthin wrong with battery type hence why its called Wireless ie you
cant plug a mains job in if you're at the bottom of the garden.

Fine if you like carrying around a doorbell all the time. Others have a
life to get on with.

No problem,however if I happen to ring someones doorbell and it chimes as
loud as bigben I'll know its Dave Plowmans house.

Really? I have two bells wired in parallel. One at the top of the house,
one on the ground floor.

When I'm in the outhouse using my tools its needs to be with me
otherwise I won't hear it in the front room and on saying that neither
will I hear a wired bell. I'f the bell rings though no need to go to
the door in some cases as I have also a wireless camera and small
monitor to see whos at the door and if its a jehovas witness ect then
they get ignored. The camera is affixed to the security hole viewer.

Bully for you.

--
*A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it uses up a thousand times more memory.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Huge wrote:
I was going to buy one of these, since I can't hear the front door bell
from my office, and I've no desire to run wires everywhere.

Any recommendations/thoughts/comments, etc.?

One where the receiver is mains powered? Hopefully a bit louder than the
all battery types.

--
*Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Got an Argos one - built into a "plug through" adaptor so it doesn't tie up
a socket.

Wireless doorbells The Medway Handyman UK diy 2 July 2nd 07 06:23 PM
Wireless doorbells Terry W. UK diy 1 July 2nd 07 04:42 PM
Wireless doorbells Andrew May UK diy 2 July 2nd 07 03:25 PM
Wireless doorbells George UK diy 0 July 2nd 07 01:06 PM
Wireless doorbells robgraham UK diy 0 July 2nd 07 12:04 PM