Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Are Neff hobs noticably better than Baumatic?

I would like to change my gas hob, for something a little bigger, with
a Wok burner.

After searching around, the Neff looks ideal (T2766).. But I also
found a Baumatic one (B68SS) which look equally as good, for about 1/2
the price.

This weekend, I managed to see both models in the flesh (Neff in
Magnet, Baumatic in Currys) and to be honest, there doesn't seem to be
much difference.. Certainly nothing to justify the extra £150!

Is there any reason to go with Neff (other than the brand)?

Jon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
wrote:
This weekend, I managed to see both models in the flesh (Neff in
Magnet, Baumatic in Currys) and to be honest, there doesn't seem to be
much difference.. Certainly nothing to justify the extra £150!

Is there any reason to go with Neff (other than the brand)?

Neff tends to be pretty well made and reliable. Baumatic bottom of the
range stuff.

--
*I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to change my gas hob, for something a little bigger, with
a Wok burner.

After searching around, the Neff looks ideal (T2766).. But I also
found a Baumatic one (B68SS) which look equally as good, for about 1/2
the price.

This weekend, I managed to see both models in the flesh (Neff in
Magnet, Baumatic in Currys) and to be honest, there doesn't seem to be
much difference.. Certainly nothing to justify the extra £150!

Is there any reason to go with Neff (other than the brand)?

Jon

I have a NEFF hob and its is garbage. Poorly made. The markings around the
knobs wear off easily.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to change my gas hob, for something a little bigger, with
a Wok burner.

After searching around, the Neff looks ideal (T2766).. But I also
found a Baumatic one (B68SS) which look equally as good, for about 1/2
the price.

This weekend, I managed to see both models in the flesh (Neff in
Magnet, Baumatic in Currys) and to be honest, there doesn't seem to be
much difference.. Certainly nothing to justify the extra £150!

I went through the same iterations two years ago; - bought the Baumatic!
It's performed very well; it's easy to clean (since I introduced a
water-softener it now only requires a wipe-over with a microfibre cloth).

AIUI, it comes with three variants of pot supports- we went for the big
black cast iron style- AIUI the spindly 'designer' statinless stell type
discolours (permanentely). when heated

The central 'wok' burner is good for doing omelletes, the centre heats
nicely; while th little burner is good for simmering things.

Is there any reason to go with Neff (other than the brand)?

I only have expereince of the Baumatic model.

Jon

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Neff tends to be pretty well made and reliable. Baumatic bottom of the
range stuff.

******** to both of those statements.

Also to be controversial, I bought a Candy hob at a rock bottom price
from Currys. It's a well regarded make in Italy, very poor reputation
here. IMO the Italian regard for the brand is correct, it's an extremely
well built unit and came complete with all jets etc to convert between
LPG/Methane.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
Neff tends to be pretty well made and reliable. Baumatic bottom of the
range stuff.

******** to both of those statements.

I've got a Neff hob, built in double oven and microwave. They are *far*
better built than the equivalent Baumatic I looked at - as indeed they
should be at the price. Mine were all ex display - I doubt I'd have bought
them at the full price.

I'm not an expert on kitchen equipment - I just looked at fit and finish.
Which was in a different league from Baumatic. The reason I chose Neff was
on the basis of a previous microwave - an early one which is still working
perfectly although not in my kitchen anymore.

--
*Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
Neff tends to be pretty well made and reliable. Baumatic bottom of the
range stuff.

******** to both of those statements.

I've got a Neff hob, built in double oven and microwave.

Neff is crap. I have NEFF and it is garbage indeed. Please eff off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
Neff tends to be pretty well made and reliable. Baumatic bottom of the
range stuff.

******** to both of those statements.

I've got a Neff hob, built in double oven and microwave.

Neff is crap. I have NEFF and it is garbage indeed.

More fantasy from dribble. Who couldn't afford secondhand Baumatic for his
council hovel.

Please eff off.

The clinic wouldn't take you back in after you lapsed, then?

--
*Vegetarians taste great*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
Neff tends to be pretty well made and reliable. Baumatic bottom of
the
range stuff.

******** to both of those statements.

I've got a Neff hob, built in double oven and microwave.

Neff is crap. I have NEFF and it is garbage indeed.

More

I have a NEFF extractor hood and the motor now sounds like a diesel engine.

Please eff off, you are a troll.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
Neff tends to be pretty well made and reliable. Baumatic bottom
of the range stuff.

******** to both of those statements.

I've got a Neff hob, built in double oven and microwave.

Neff is crap. I have NEFF and it is garbage indeed.

More

I have a NEFF extractor hood and the motor now sounds like a diesel
engine.

Probably due to trying to filter the ****e that comes out of your mouth.

Please eff off, you are a troll.

Please don't use words you don't understand.

--
*When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I have a NEFF extractor hood and the motor now sounds like a diesel
engine.

Please eff off, you are a troll.

Could you please post the sounds of your Neff hood here as it will be much
better than the noises you make.

--
*When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
I have a NEFF extractor hood and the motor now sounds like a diesel
engine.

Please eff off, you are a troll.

Could

Please eff off, you are a troll.

Neff ceramic hob Luiz UK diy 2 September 13th 06 11:40 AM
Neff Hobs / Ignition icornish UK diy 1 May 10th 06 12:56 PM
Baumatic hobs and ovens. Any good? Ren Hoek UK diy 5 January 26th 05 12:33 PM
Baumatic Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 10 August 19th 04 09:53 PM
Baumatic Spares Sean Delere UK diy 2 October 26th 03 03:35 PM