Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Damp meter for walls (inexpensive) - recommendations?

I'd like to buy a damp meter for assessing the damp situation in my
house. There is some rising damp, which has been well-disguised by
damp seal and wallpaper and etc. I mainly want to locate the worst
areas so I can remove bricks in the wall and clear the cavities at
those locations. (I'm convinced that the rising damp ocurs in places
where the cavity contains debris which has piled up to above DPC
level). Why do I care, if the problem has been well-covered up?
Because I want to sell the place soon, and hope to minimise what will
be found by a prospective buyer's surveyor.

I'm hoping that something costing less than £10 will do the job. Can
anyone recommend one, or offer tips on choosing one?

Thank you,

Mike D

Damp in Stud Walls [email protected] Home Repair 7 December 12th 06 02:47 PM
Need recommendations for an inexpensive lathe to make metric threaded stuff Norm Dresner Metalworking 15 December 31st 05 09:53 PM
damp proofing walls Paul Kenny UK diy 6 November 3rd 04 10:29 PM
Damp in walls David King UK diy 4 March 3rd 04 05:25 PM
New gas meter box damp proofing Terry Thorne UK diy 0 November 29th 03 03:04 PM