Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mira Sport Shower Not Heating Properly

While using the shower today, the main switch of our consumer unit
tripped. It has an RCD and none of the individual circuit MCBs
tripped.

When I switched it back on and restarted the shower, everything seemed
OK, except that the shower is not heating properly now. It does heat a
bit, but it is as though it is on a lower setting than it actually is.

The shower is a Mira Sport (9.5 KW I think) and is about 7 years old.
It's in good nick cosmetically at least and I'd like to keep it if
possible.

Any ideas what the most likely problem is and anything I can test to
confirm? Are parts easy to come by?

Thanks in advance for help.

--
Bob