Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Installing a raised shower tray

I'm in the process of replacing my shower. The old shower tray was
just supported by two blocks of wood, and the accessibility to the
waste trap wasn't good. The joint between the tray and the wall
started to leak.
I'm thinking of installing a "Merlin" raised shower tray. This has
four adjustable feet, and a tiling 'upstander'. Does anyone have
experience of installing these, and are they stable? Would you
recommend it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm in the process of replacing my shower. The old shower tray was
just supported by two blocks of wood, and the accessibility to the
waste trap wasn't good. The joint between the tray and the wall
started to leak.
I'm thinking of installing a "Merlin" raised shower tray. This has
four adjustable feet, and a tiling 'upstander'. Does anyone have
experience of installing these, and are they stable? Would you
recommend it?

When I did mine I built a plinth much like a pallet with easy access to the
trap and set a conventional shower tray on this then clad front and side of
plinth.

It can be a bit dodgy stepping out however as the outside is significantly
lower than the inside

A duckboard type step the same height as the plinth and as it happens the
same size as the shower itself has made stepping in and out very comfortable

Tony

Fascia for raised shower tray? deano UK diy 6 December 8th 06 11:53 PM
Installing shower tray F UK diy 14 January 31st 06 12:47 AM
shower tray jacob UK diy 3 February 23rd 05 07:27 PM
shower tray andyd UK diy 0 August 18th 04 09:53 AM
Shower Tray Help jon UK diy 8 January 23rd 04 03:54 AM