Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default commercial cookers, maybe OT

may be stretching the knowledge on this group a little now ... (but
its a mine of information)

does anyone have any experience of commercial ovens. we are opening a
cafe/cofeeshop, initially we'll be doing lunches, soups etc. we may
start to open in the evenings for meals a wee while down the line. no
deep fat fryers.

what sort of cooker would we need. most i've looked at are 3 phase,
20A we don't have a 3 phase supply (i'm no electrician but I think
this equates to 60A single phase).

at the moment we have a 10mm (60A / 15kW?), 6mm (40A / 8/10kW) and 2 x
2.5 mm (22A / 3.5kW?) radials into the kitchen. the 10mm for a fuse
box supplying the ring, the 6mm for a cooker, and the 2 x 2.5 mm as
extras for heavier loads. i think we'll probably have to run another
10mm to give us more options.

but what i'm getting round to saying is what would be the minimum
requirement for a cooker - we have no gas so its the hob thats the
most important. in a boiling a massive pot of soup benchmark (which I
know can take forever on our home cooker) is it going to be much
faster ... is surface area of the hob as important as power?

3 Oven Cookers Chris UK diy 1 July 28th 06 01:29 AM
Talking of cookers... Grumps UK diy 5 February 23rd 06 01:45 PM
Baumatic cookers; any good? Neal Jones UK diy 9 May 12th 04 06:36 PM
Baumatic Cookers/Fridges Saeed UK diy 1 January 28th 04 08:11 AM