Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumps

Default Talking of cookers...

Whenever I see a stainless steel cooker in a showroom it always looks
grubby. Is there a trick to keep it looking shiny? If it's a constant battle
to maintain its looks, then I'll just buy a coloured one.
TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:47:46 -0000, "Grumps"
wrote:

Whenever I see a stainless steel cooker in a showroom it always looks
grubby. Is there a trick to keep it looking shiny? If it's a constant battle
to maintain its looks, then I'll just buy a coloured one.
TIA

I have a s/s hob and oven and unless you never use them they are a pig
to keep looking clean . You must wipe up any spills immediately and
after you have used it and cleaned it give it a wipe over with some
cotton wool with a little baby oil on .It comes up well

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

wrote:

Whenever I see a stainless steel cooker in a showroom it always looks
grubby. Is there a trick to keep it looking shiny? If it's a constant
battle
to maintain its looks, then I'll just buy a coloured one.
TIA

I have a s/s hob and oven and unless you never use them they are a pig
to keep looking clean . You must wipe up any spills immediately and
after you have used it and cleaned it give it a wipe over with some
cotton wool with a little baby oil on .It comes up well

I think Johnson & Johnson must be in league with ss cooker manufacturers.

The wipe down with an oily rag only works until someone touches the surface,
then it needs doing again. I wouldn't have one for the world.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Grumps wrote:
Whenever I see a stainless steel cooker in a showroom it always looks
grubby. Is there a trick to keep it looking shiny? If it's a constant
battle to maintain its looks, then I'll just buy a coloured one.
TIA

Stick with a white one at least you can see its clean, pain in the backside
steel ones.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
news
Grumps wrote:
Whenever I see a stainless steel cooker in a showroom it always looks
grubby. Is there a trick to keep it looking shiny? If it's a constant
battle to maintain its looks, then I'll just buy a coloured one.
TIA

Stick with a white one at least you can see its clean, pain in the
backside
steel ones.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

We have stainless steel: hob; sink; and double oven - not to mention
toaster, 'healthy-eating grill; kettle; coffee maker and sundry tea, coffee,
sugar, biscuit-barrel items cluttering up the place - oh, forgot the cooker
hob and the pedal bin!
All clean up beautifully with a wipe-over with a damp 'shammy' (artificial
chamois) cloth after a squirt of 'Rescue Stainless Steel Cleaner (TM)' -
I'm not affiliated to 'em' {I've also had similar results with 'Astonish
All-surface
cleaner' spray.]
Far less problem than the 'enamelled items the previous appliances were!
--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Brian Sharrock" wrote in message

Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

We have stainless steel: hob; sink; and double oven - not to mention
toaster, 'healthy-eating grill; kettle; coffee maker and sundry tea,
coffee, sugar, biscuit-barrel items cluttering up the place - oh, forgot
the cooker hob and the pedal bin!
All clean up beautifully with a wipe-over with a damp 'shammy' (artificial
chamois) cloth after a squirt of 'Rescue Stainless Steel Cleaner (TM)' -
I'm not affiliated to 'em' {I've also had similar results with 'Astonish
All-surface
cleaner' spray.]

LOL! Life's too short :-)

Mary