DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Garden Fence ?? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/203496-garden-fence.html)

doobydoobydo June 11th 07 09:16 PM

Garden Fence ??

Hi All,

My Mother (God bless her) knowing that I was interested in replacing some
old wood fence panels told me she saw an advert on a certain satellite
channel (she can't remember which one) garden panels designed to look like
wood panels but made of metal - even had trellis piece to go on top -
gauranteed for 10 years - virtually maintenance free - edged like wooden
ones ?

I have looked on titernet but can't find anything like this at all. Nearest
I found was plastic fence panels with plastic posts and plastic gravel
boards.

First question - does anyone knowof these metal garden fence panels and
Second question - has anyone used the plastic ones - though they are
advertised as strong and durable wouldn't they buckle after a few years in
sunshine etc.

Any help ??

Many thanks

Reds By The Sea.

Dave June 11th 07 11:27 PM

Garden Fence ??

doobydoobydo wrote:

[...]

Burglars hate the wooden topped trellis, as they know it will break and
make a noise if they try to get over it. Strong plastic, or metal will
remove this advantage.

Dave

r.bartlett June 12th 07 06:20 AM

Garden Fence ??

"Dave" wrote in message
doobydoobydo wrote:

[...]

I hope you're not suggesting his mum was planning on burglaring her own sons
house !!

Cheers

Richard

Dwayne & Angela June 13th 07 06:00 PM

Garden Fence ??

"doobydoobydo" wrote in message
[...]

Bloody hell how many places have you asked this?
http://www.colourfence.co.uk/home.php

My blog:
http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shiptodruid