Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Loosening PIR sensors for decorating

I am about to re-paper around a PIR sensor, and would prefer to unhook
it from the wall and leave it dangling from its cable while I'm
working, to make a neater job. I've done this in the past in my
previous house, but I knew the engineer code for the system there and
suspect I may have put it into a mode were it didn't object to
"tampering". (Loss of memory is a wonderful thing.)

The panel is an Accenta 8 (maybe known as a G3) but I can't identify
the sensor type. There is just the usual single screw to remove its
front cover, but is doing this likely to cause some kind of alarm
condition, even when the system is unset ? I've found an installation
manual for the panel on the web but it reads as if you're supposed to
know what you're doing as an installer...

[I think I'll ultimately need to track down the guys who installed and
serviced my old system and get them to service this one and reset the
codes to known ones (I work on the basis that they're only temporarily
the engineers whereas I'm permanently the owner), but that'll take a
little while and I'd like to start papering real soon now.]

TIA.

--
"Press all the keys at once to continue."