Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is it?

What is it? Bottom item here, entitled 'run!!'
http://www.pro-techconsultants.com/p...scrapbook.html

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in news:1181310255.176384.326690
@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

http://www.pro-techconsult

It is a BOMB !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Terry W.
writes
wrote in news:1181310255.176384.326690
:

http://www.pro-techconsult

It is a BOMB !

But it does say "PRACTISE BOMB" on it, and it's painted blue, which
indicates it's inert.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 18:09:19 +0100, Peter Twydell wrote:

But it does say "PRACTISE BOMB" on it,

I couldn't decypher the writing through the jpeg compression ****.

and it's painted blue, which indicates it's inert.

Blue or green with pink spots doesn't mean a thing to me.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Peter Twydell
writes
In message , Terry W.
writes
wrote in news:1181310255.176384.326690
:

http://www.pro-techconsult

It is a BOMB !

But it does say "PRACTISE BOMB" on it, and it's painted blue, which
indicates it's inert.

"When I grow up, I want to become a WMD"

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 06:44:15 -0700, wrote:

What is it? Bottom item here, entitled 'run!!'
http://www.pro-techconsultants.com/p...scrapbook.html

You are, I hope, 'aving us on......

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...
What is it? Bottom item here, entitled 'run!!'
http://www.pro-techconsultants.com/p...scrapbook.html

Don't buy a house thats full of red pointy arrows?

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something
like:

What is it? Bottom item here, entitled 'run!!'
http://www.pro-techconsultants.com/p...scrapbook.html

Clue - fins on the bottom, which would be the top while it's in use.

--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something
like:

What is it? Bottom item here, entitled 'run!!'
http://www.pro-techconsultants.com/p...scrapbook.html

Clue - fins on the bottom, which would be the top while it's in use.

Not necessarily - the dastardly Hun sometimes stowed bombs
"upside-down". Look at the way they are leaving the aircraft.
http://ww2db.com/image.php?image_id=3796
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Peter Twydell
saying something like:

Clue - fins on the bottom, which would be the top while it's in use.

Not necessarily - the dastardly Hun sometimes stowed bombs
"upside-down". Look at the way they are leaving the aircraft.
http://ww2db.com/image.php?image_id=3796

Without even looking I know what you're on about - Heinkel 111 iirc.

Pretty clever, actually; prevents embarrasing explosions should one drop
onto the runway while you're waiting to take off.

Even so, while they're actually being used, they're the other way round.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Peter Twydell
writes
In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something
like:

What is it? Bottom item here, entitled 'run!!'
http://www.pro-techconsultants.com/p...scrapbook.html

Clue - fins on the bottom, which would be the top while it's in use.

Not necessarily - the dastardly Hun sometimes stowed bombs
"upside-down". Look at the way they are leaving the aircraft.

The magic word here being "aircraft" - which gives bombs enough height
to invert themselves ... as opposed to a "floor" which doesn't so easily

--
geoff