Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default property ladder ch4

this bird has lost her marbles

I blame it on ZEN

pmsl

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 19:30:14 GMT, "George"
wrote:

this bird has lost her marbles

I blame it on ZEN

pmsl

Don't you mean BEDZED? Isn't that where Sarah took her to view an
ecology inspired development? And I won't have you badmouthing Bow
since I live there myself!

Maris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Maris
writes
wrote:

this bird has lost her marbles

I blame it on ZEN

pmsl

Don't you mean BEDZED? Isn't that where Sarah took her to view an
ecology inspired development? And I won't have you badmouthing Bow
since I live there myself!

It's a repeat, isn't it

I remember I found her annoying the first time around

this time, I just laughed

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:
In message , Maris
writes
wrote:

this bird has lost her marbles

I blame it on ZEN

pmsl

Don't you mean BEDZED? Isn't that where Sarah took her to view an
ecology inspired development? And I won't have you badmouthing Bow
since I live there myself!

It's a repeat, isn't it

C4 is driving me nuts with this - in previous series they've had
so-called 'update' episodes on previous punters which they've tagged on
to the end of the actual series proper... and they're rubbish because
they're simply repeats with about 5 mins of new material appended at the
very end.

But for this series, presumably because they've sussed that the Beeny
fans switched off after the end of the new episodes, they seem to be
interspersing these 'updates' throughout the series, so you settle down
with a tin of Boddington's to watch, only to find it's another bloody
repeat.

Something Must Be Done, I say. Maybe I'll start a petition on the No 10
website.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lobster
writes
It's a repeat, isn't it

C4 is driving me nuts with this - in previous series they've had
so-called 'update' episodes on previous punters which they've tagged on
to the end of the actual series proper... and they're rubbish because
they're simply repeats with about 5 mins of new material appended at
the very end.

But for this series, presumably because they've sussed that the Beeny
fans switched off after the end of the new episodes, they seem to be
interspersing these 'updates' throughout the series, so you settle down
with a tin of Boddington's to watch, only to find it's another bloody
repeat.

Something Must Be Done, I say. Maybe I'll start a petition on the No
10 website.

It's significantly worse if you look at the freeview channels

.... do something

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 18:36:54 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

C4 is driving me nuts with this - in previous series they've had
so-called 'update' episodes on previous punters which they've tagged on
to the end of the actual series proper... and they're rubbish because
they're simply repeats with about 5 mins of new material appended at the
very end.

But for this series, presumably because they've sussed that the Beeny
fans switched off after the end of the new episodes, they seem to be
interspersing these 'updates' throughout the series, so you settle down
with a tin of Boddington's to watch, only to find it's another bloody
repeat.

Something Must Be Done, I say. Maybe I'll start a petition on the No 10
website.

David

I agree. I settle down for a great evening's viewing - Property Ladder
followed by Apprentice followed by discussion about Apprentice only to
find I've already seem the Property Ladder in question. Ah well, at
least there was always Apprentice to save the day and definitely no
Boddingtons!

Maris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

That's a good night?

only to
find I've already seem the Property Ladder in question. Ah well, at
least there was always Apprentice to save the day and definitely no
Boddingtons!

Maris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 Jun, 19:36, Lobster wrote:
raden wrote:
In message , Maris
writes
wrote:

[...]

I think it is a trend that they are picking up from American TV. It's
all too common over there - interspersing repeats with new episodes.

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

My thinking exactly.

PL long since passed it's "Sell By" date and "The Apprentice" was utter
crap from the beginning.

Hear hear!

There's a vicious spiral going on ion TV right now. People are drifting
away from the main 5 channels, revenues are down, and so there is less
money to spend on quality programmes: Th result is a descent into banal
human conflict/interest stuff that is engineered to display (and select)
people at their worst.

Big Brother.
Trisha.
Beeny.
Grand designs.
The apprentice.
Corry street
East Enders.
Pop idol

you name it, its all about people behaving badly, or stupidly.
Showing am alarming tendency of an inverse ratio of competence to
confidence.

Thank god its still sometimes possible to settle in for an hours
interesting viewing on the development of the machine gun, or somesuch.

Even Time team - which was actually not that bad apart from the antics
of that little git Robinson - how accurately he was typecast in Black
Adder - is now full of 'human interest' ****e..the inter team
conflicts, the sketching of improbable saxons from a fragment of
bone..whereas the fact is that most digs do little or nothing to advance
the cause of the understanding of history whatsoever, but are simply
jolly good ways of getting a bit of exercise, and some time in at the
boozer amongst a bunch of like minded chums.

I mean when yu look back fondly at Anneka Rice's Bum on 'treasure hunt'
- a program that never even pretended to have any intellectual content
whatsoever, its a mark of desperation..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

And as for Springwatch....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Oh gawd. Big Brother for Badgers.

I suppose its cheap..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Huge wrote:

When did Bill Oddy start being a humourless, giggling, tedious, po-faced
****?

Ghod knows. He's suffering from the syndrome known as "Palin's disease"
which causes C-list celebs to assume they are terribly important and to
do things like whining on about nature and sustainable transport.

I'd quite like to see Bill Oddy and Clarkson thrown into the arena. Oddy
armed with some feathers and twigs and Clarkson with a HummVee. They can
toss Palin and the rest of PoFaced 2000 in there with him as well.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

But it was good to see the fluffy opwl chicks being eaten by their
parents (have I got the right programme). See what nature's really
like.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
Huge wrote:

When did Bill Oddy start being a humourless, giggling, tedious, po-faced
****?

Ghod knows. He's suffering from the syndrome known as "Palin's disease"
which causes C-list celebs to assume they are terribly important and to
do things like whining on about nature and sustainable transport.

I'd quite like to see Bill Oddy and Clarkson thrown into the arena. Oddy
armed with some feathers and twigs and Clarkson with a HummVee. They can
toss Palin and the rest of PoFaced 2000 in there with him as well.

But Palin is an amusing bloke, and seems like a nice bloke too. Oddy OTOH...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"raden" wrote in message
[...]

I love the repeat 'opportunities' on the extra freeview channels.

leave them alone, please

tim

Property Ladder david lang UK diy 16 September 28th 05 10:38 AM
Property Ladder: Question about tonight's prog (Ch4) Crag UK diy 13 May 6th 05 07:24 AM
Property ladder. Geoff UK diy 4 April 28th 05 06:23 PM
property ladder Steve UK diy 1 November 25th 04 11:24 PM
Property Ladder Suz UK diy 21 January 17th 04 01:49 PM