DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   drawers (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/202402-drawers.html)

Peter May 31st 07 10:12 PM

drawers

Can any kind soul point me to a supplier of drawer packs. Have seen the B&Q
but they all seem to be of the variety where the drawer sides are short (ie.
the inside depth)
I'm building some units and could do without the extra work drawers create,
however this means I can be a little flexible on dimentions.
Many thanks

Peter Ashby May 31st 07 10:25 PM

drawers

Peter wrote:

Can any kind soul point me to a supplier of drawer packs. Have seen the B&Q
but they all seem to be of the variety where the drawer sides are short (ie.
the inside depth)
I'm building some units and could do without the extra work drawers create,
however this means I can be a little flexible on dimentions.
Many thanks

Try he
http://www.woodfit.com/index.php?cPath=119 I've only bought hinges and
drawer slides from them. Pleased with both, service etc.

Peter
No relations with the company.

www.the-brights.net

Andy Hall May 31st 07 11:06 PM

drawers

On 2007-05-31 22:25:13 +0100, (Peter Ashby) said:

Peter wrote:

Can any kind soul point me to a supplier of drawer packs. Have seen the B&Q
but they all seem to be of the variety where the drawer sides are short (ie.
the inside depth)
I'm building some units and could do without the extra work drawers create,
however this means I can be a little flexible on dimentions.
Many thanks

Try he
http://www.woodfit.com/index.php?cPath=119 I've only bought hinges and
drawer slides from them. Pleased with both, service etc.

Peter
No relations with the company.

A lot of these items are made by Blum, who in general have quite good products.

Another good source of supply of these and similar items is Isaac Lord
in High Wycombe. This is a trade counter and internet supplier.
Usefully, they will also order items from Haefele (another goldmine)
but who only sell to dealers.

Lobster June 1st 07 09:07 AM

drawers

Peter Ashby wrote:
Peter wrote:

Can any kind soul point me to a supplier of drawer packs. Have seen the B&Q
but they all seem to be of the variety where the drawer sides are short (ie.
the inside depth)
I'm building some units and could do without the extra work drawers create,
however this means I can be a little flexible on dimentions.
Many thanks

Try he
http://www.woodfit.com/index.php?cPath=119 I've only bought hinges and
drawer slides from them. Pleased with both, service etc.

Yes I've used drawer kits from them; they were very good. Although I
don't see mine in the above link. Mine were plastic, and you bought the
sides/back (built-in groove) in standard lengths which you cut to
length, and joined together with corner connecters, so you could vary
width and depth infinitely.

David

Dave Plowman (News) June 1st 07 09:43 AM

drawers

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
Yes I've used drawer kits from them; they were very good. Although I
don't see mine in the above link. Mine were plastic, and you bought the
sides/back (built-in groove) in standard lengths which you cut to
length, and joined together with corner connecters, so you could vary
width and depth infinitely.

Pretty horrible things, though. If you don't provide a back stop the
fronts come loose. Most prefer roller runners these days too for where you
might use these.

--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.