DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tring to disconnect the U shaped pipe under bathroom sink... (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/202396-tring-disconnect-u-shaped-pipe-under-bathroom-sink.html)

[email protected] May 31st 07 06:21 PM

Tring to disconnect the U shaped pipe under bathroom sink...

I am having tremendous difficulty removing the u shaped pipe from nder
my sink. I have used all sorts of tools including a boa but it keeps
sliding.

Anyone got any tips

Cheers

Lobster May 31st 07 06:28 PM

wrote:
I am having tremendous difficulty removing the u shaped pipe from nder
my sink. I have used all sorts of tools including a boa but it keeps
sliding.

What's the pipe and joint made from, for a start? Can you provide more
details of why you can't remove it?
David

[email protected] May 31st 07 06:33 PM

On 31 May, 18:28, Lobster wrote:
wrote:
I am having tremendous difficulty removing the u shaped pipe from nder
my sink. I have used all sorts of tools including a boa but it keeps
sliding.

What's the pipe and joint made from, for a start? Can you provide more
details of why you can't remove it?
David

Both plastic. The boa keeps sliding off it as the previous house owner
smeared putty all over the top of the column,

Newshound May 31st 07 11:01 PM

Tring to disconnect the U shaped pipe under bathroom sink...

Do you have room for a water pump pliers, or a stillson?

The Medway Handyman June 1st 07 12:00 AM

Newshound wrote:
Do you have room for a water pump pliers, or a stillson?

Yup. You need something like these

Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk