Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 10 days to Part P is it that easy?

Course for £ 395 offers part P qualification in 10 days
http://www.ableskills.co.uk/electrical-course.htm
OK, so whats the catch?
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:
Course for £ 395 offers part P qualification in 10 days

No it doesn't. It's a training course.

and at the end of the course students will have a sufficient level of
competence, so that ONCE REGISTERED WITH A RELEVANT BODY, they will be
able to work safely, efficiently and legally on electrical equipment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:
Course for £ 395 offers part P qualification in 10 days
http://www.ableskills.co.uk/electrical-course.htm
OK, so whats the catch?

Paying the 100s or 1000s to join one of the approved schemes...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 31 May 2007 15:51:16 +0100, Ben Blaukopf wrote:

Vass wrote:
Course for £ 395 offers part P qualification in 10 days

No it doesn't. It's a training course.

and at the end of the course students will have a sufficient level of
competence, so that ONCE REGISTERED WITH A RELEVANT BODY, they will be
able to work safely, efficiently and legally on electrical equipment.

There are about 10 'guilds' however you will need other skills to get into
about 6 of them and the electrical ones will need more that this course.
This course is for people who (like myself) need to a little electrics
from time to time as part of other activities.

The £395 for 10 days is pretty good for this sort of course.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 31, 3:01 pm, "Vass" wrote:
Course for £ 395 offers part P qualification in 10 dayshttp://www.ableskills.co.uk/electrical-course.htm
OK, so whats the catch?

What everyone else said plus the fact that you didn't really read the
web page, did you? The £395 is for the introductory course only. The
copmplete 10 days is £1100.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 31, 3:01 pm, "Vass" wrote:
Course for £ 395 offers part P qualification in 10
dayshttp://www.ableskills.co.uk/electrical-course.htm
OK, so whats the catch?

What everyone else said plus the fact that you didn't really read the
web page, did you? The £395 is for the introductory course only. The
complete 10 days is £1100.

Ah! well spotted, I'l get me coat
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 31, 3:01 pm, "Vass" wrote:
Course for £ 395 offers part P qualification in 10
dayshttp://www.ableskills.co.uk/electrical-course.htm
OK, so whats the catch?

What everyone else said plus the fact that you didn't really read the
web page, did you? The £395 is for the introductory course only. The
complete 10 days is £1100.

Ah! well spotted, I'l get me coat

So lump your guild fees onto that, plus the cost of test gear and
calibration and you are probably up to £2200 in the first year, to put
you in a position to write out a bit of paper that nobody really gives a
toss about. Great system huh?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-05-31 16:38:31 +0100, "
said:

On May 31, 3:01 pm, "Vass" wrote:
Course for £ 395 offers part P qualification in 10 dayshttp://www.ables

kills.co.uk/electrical-course.htm
OK, so whats the catch?

What everyone else said plus the fact that you didn't really read the
web page, did you? The £395 is for the introductory course only. The
copmplete 10 days is £1100.

MBQ

Yes, I was going to say that that seemed incredibly cheap. Actually
£1100 for 10 days is as well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-05-31 16:38:31 +0100, "
said:

On May 31, 3:01 pm, "Vass" wrote:
Course for £ 395 offers part P qualification in 10 dayshttp://www.ables

kills.co.uk/electrical-course.htm
OK, so whats the catch?

What everyone else said plus the fact that you didn't really read the
web page, did you? The £395 is for the introductory course only. The
copmplete 10 days is £1100.

MBQ

Yes, I was going to say that that seemed incredibly cheap. Actually
£1100 for 10 days is as well.

I think you will also need their C+G2381 course as well. It might be
an idea to do the 2391 too, especially if you are not a working
electrician with lots of practical experience.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-05-31 16:38:31 +0100, "
said:

Yes, I was going to say that that seemed incredibly cheap. Actually
£1100 for 10 days is as well.

I think you will also need their C+G2381 course as well. It might be an
idea to do the 2391 too, especially if you are not a working electrician
with lots of practical experience.

NECTA do both EAL and NICEIC Domestic Electrical Installer courses for
£595+VAT over 5 days including assessment. These seem designed for working
electricians to get ticketted up for Part P.

--
John Stumbles

Procrastinate now!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 31, 3:01 pm, "Vass" wrote:
Course for £ 395 offers part P qualification in 10 dayshttp://www.ableskills.co.uk/electrical-course.htm
OK, so whats the catch?
--
Vass

No catch but the course is another £749 you can also obtain Part P
with tradeskills4u visit http://www.tradeskills4u.co.uk

The Twelve Days Of Christmas, WoodDorker's Style - Part Of GoodBye - 11 Tom Watson Woodworking 0 January 18th 06 03:13 AM
easy money in 30 days trip Woodworking 3 March 11th 05 04:37 PM
easy money in 30 days trip Home Ownership 0 March 11th 05 02:59 AM
easy money in 30 days trip Metalworking 0 March 11th 05 02:35 AM
easy money in 30 days trip Woodturning 0 March 11th 05 02:22 AM