Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drilling old concrete fence posts?

I've got a line of old concrete posts bordering my house, I'd like to
put up a wooden fence, but unfortunately they are spaced wrongly and
intermittently for panels, so the best thing would be a featheredge
lapped fence.
Trouble is, I cannot drill into these posts to screw in the cross
battens. Invariably I get in half inch or so, hit a stone, then the
drill rapdily goes blunt, and goes no further.
I havent tried a diamond drill bit yet, but am not too keen to splash
out on one if that is going to wear out after 2 or 3 holes.
Any thoughts on what I need?
SDS drill with diamond bit?
Give up and dig out all the old posts?
Thanks for any pointers.
Alan.

Adding concrete to buried fence posts [email protected] Home Repair 6 May 3rd 07 06:15 PM
Concrete Fence Posts John UK diy 17 December 18th 06 04:52 PM
Slotted concrete fence posts ??? gray UK diy 4 June 19th 05 05:30 PM
Drilling holes in vinyl fence posts??? Cheryl Home Repair 7 January 21st 04 10:04 PM
Concrete Fence Posts - setting out Rick Hughes UK diy 4 July 11th 03 08:45 PM