Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Transco site - gone! Who to call?

I need to get a 2nd gas main supply installed. I looked for Transco's
webside, but it has ben replaced by "he National Grid" website which
doesn't seem to provide contact details for someone wanting a new gas
supply.

Anyone know the correct number to call?

Thanks,

Duke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 May 2007 10:38:20 +0100, Duke
wrote:

I need to get a 2nd gas main supply installed. I looked for Transco's
webside, but it has ben replaced by "he National Grid" website which
doesn't seem to provide contact details for someone wanting a new gas
supply.

PS. The National Grid website seems very much 'under construction' at
present. (Lots of dead links and such - and scarcely any useful
contact info.)

Duke

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Anyone know the correct number to call?

OK found it... thanks

Duke

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 May 2007 10:38:20 +0100 someone who may be Duke
wrote this:-

I need to get a 2nd gas main supply installed. I looked for Transco's
webside, but it has ben replaced by "he National Grid" website which
doesn't seem to provide contact details for someone wanting a new gas
supply.

Anyone know the correct number to call?

That depends on where you live, assuming you really do want a gas
main.

If you want a gas supply to a building then that should be arranged
via your gas supplier.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 May 2007 11:13:59 +0100, David Hansen
wrote:

Anyone know the correct number to call?

That depends on where you live, assuming you really do want a gas
main.

All I really wanted was a second meter, (my house is divided into two
one-bed flats) My gas supplier today said I would first have to
contact Scotia Gas Networks (the co that suplies gas to all of
Southern England) to start the ball rolling. After Scotia Gas had sent
a bloke around to se the place, he said they would contact them with a
pipe number and they (my gas supplier) would come and install a meter.
I was hoping to avoid the expense of having a second mains supply pipe
coming from the road, but it remains to be seen what Scotia Gas will
allow. If anyone knows a clever way to avoid the expense of a second
gas main from the road, please let me know!

Cheers,

Duke

If you want a gas supply to a building then that should be arranged
via your gas supplier.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I need to get a 2nd gas main supply installed. I looked for Transco's
webside, but it has ben replaced by "he National Grid" website which
doesn't seem to provide contact details for someone wanting a new gas
supply.

Anyone know the correct number to call?

Thanks,

Duke

I assume by now you've found the national grid gas site

They've just cashed my cheque last week for a meter move - any guesses
how long they'll take before they come and sort it out.
*BRRR* Thank god its not really cold.
--
http://wwww.orderonlinepickupinstore.co.uk
http://wwww.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 May 2007 10:38:20 +0100, Duke wrote:

|!
|!I need to get a 2nd gas main supply installed. I looked for Transco's
|!webside, but it has ben replaced by "he National Grid" website which
|!doesn't seem to provide contact details for someone wanting a new gas
|!supply.
|!
|!Anyone know the correct number to call?

I emailed National Grid stating where I am and they replied "Not Us! YEDL
covers your area" or words to that effect.
--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 May 2007 14:50:43 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Wed, 16 May 2007 10:38:20 +0100, Duke wrote:

|!
|!I need to get a 2nd gas main supply installed. I looked for Transco's
|!webside, but it has ben replaced by "he National Grid" website which
|!doesn't seem to provide contact details for someone wanting a new gas
|!supply.
|!
|!Anyone know the correct number to call?

I emailed National Grid stating where I am and they replied "Not Us! YEDL
covers your area" or words to that effect.

Speak of the devil! The bloke turned up this afternoon and has given
me a date for moving the meter. Hurray!
--
http://wwww.orderonlinepickupinstore.co.uk
http://wwww.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free
Posted to uk.d-i-y
PJ PJ is offline

wrote:

On Wed, 16 May 2007 10:38:20 +0100, Duke wrote:

|!
|!I need to get a 2nd gas main supply installed. I looked for Transco's
|!webside, but it has ben replaced by "he National Grid" website which
|!doesn't seem to provide contact details for someone wanting a new gas
|!supply.
|!
|!Anyone know the correct number to call?

I emailed National Grid stating where I am and they replied "Not Us! YEDL
covers your area" or words to that effect.

Speak of the devil!

Is that place gas-fired now? They must just sit around if they do not
have to stoke the fires anymore. Scargill has got a lot to answer for!!
;-)

The bloke turned up this afternoon and has given
me a date for moving the meter. Hurray!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wed, 16 May 2007 10:38:20 +0100, Duke wrote:

|!
|!I need to get a 2nd gas main supply installed. I looked for Transco's
|!webside, but it has ben replaced by "he National Grid" website which
|!doesn't seem to provide contact details for someone wanting a new gas
|!supply.
|!
|!Anyone know the correct number to call?

I emailed National Grid stating where I am and they replied "Not Us! YEDL
covers your area" or words to that effect.

Speak of the devil! The bloke turned up this afternoon and has given
me a date for moving the meter. Hurray!

Interested in knowing what the cost will be ?
Robert