DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wide Smooth Jaws (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/200297-wide-smooth-jaws.html)

[email protected] May 10th 07 09:36 PM

Wide Smooth Jaws

Is this adjustable suitable for 28mm compression nuts? 38mm wide
jaws. Anyone ever used this model?

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?_d...pi=1&cn=1&cd=1

TIA

r.bartlett May 11th 07 12:06 AM

Wide Smooth Jaws

wrote in message
ups.com...
Is this adjustable suitable for 28mm compression nuts? 38mm wide
jaws. Anyone ever used this model?

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?_d...pi=1&cn=1&cd=1

TIA

Bahco are great tools. Worth every penny and I won't use anything else.
Their screwdrivers are to die for...Now part of Snap-on BTW

Cheers

Richard

Steve Firth May 11th 07 12:53 AM

Wide Smooth Jaws

wrote:

Is this adjustable suitable for 28mm compression nuts? 38mm wide
jaws. Anyone ever used this model?

Not that exact model but I have several Bahco spanners and they're all
well made. At the risk of being sill why not measure across the flats of
a nut? That will tell you if the range of adjustment is sufficient.

[email protected] May 11th 07 11:43 AM

Wide Smooth Jaws

On 11 May, 00:53, (Steve Firth) wrote:
wrote:
Is this adjustable suitable for 28mm compression nuts? 38mm wide
jaws. Anyone ever used this model?

Not that exact model but I have several Bahco spanners and they're all
well made. At the risk of being sill why not measure across the flats of
a nut? That will tell you if the range of adjustment is sufficient.

28mm compression nuts are all different sizes depending on maker, that
is why I asked if anyone is actually using one of these in pipe
fitting. Will it fit all nuts?

Bahco tools are a quality make and nice to use. I think they are cheap
for what they are.

Anone use the Magnussun tools? I saw these in B&Q and they look
quality products. The quick adjustable, adjustable spanner looks good
and easy to engage and disengage using a quick slide mechanism rather
than a jamming knurled nut. I hate jamming adjustable spanners. Well
thought out easy to use tools like that I like.