Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wide Smooth Jaws

Is this adjustable suitable for 28mm compression nuts? 38mm wide
jaws. Anyone ever used this model?

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?_d...pi=1&cn=1&cd=1

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...
Is this adjustable suitable for 28mm compression nuts? 38mm wide
jaws. Anyone ever used this model?

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?_d...pi=1&cn=1&cd=1

TIA

Bahco are great tools. Worth every penny and I won't use anything else.
Their screwdrivers are to die for...Now part of Snap-on BTW

Cheers

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Is this adjustable suitable for 28mm compression nuts? 38mm wide
jaws. Anyone ever used this model?

Not that exact model but I have several Bahco spanners and they're all
well made. At the risk of being sill why not measure across the flats of
a nut? That will tell you if the range of adjustment is sufficient.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 May, 00:53, (Steve Firth) wrote:
wrote:
Is this adjustable suitable for 28mm compression nuts? 38mm wide
jaws. Anyone ever used this model?

Not that exact model but I have several Bahco spanners and they're all
well made. At the risk of being sill why not measure across the flats of
a nut? That will tell you if the range of adjustment is sufficient.

28mm compression nuts are all different sizes depending on maker, that
is why I asked if anyone is actually using one of these in pipe
fitting. Will it fit all nuts?

Bahco tools are a quality make and nice to use. I think they are cheap
for what they are.

Anone use the Magnussun tools? I saw these in B&Q and they look
quality products. The quick adjustable, adjustable spanner looks good
and easy to engage and disengage using a quick slide mechanism rather
than a jamming knurled nut. I hate jamming adjustable spanners. Well
thought out easy to use tools like that I like.

Cole Jaws Woodborg Woodturning 18 December 17th 06 04:57 PM
Axminster Woodturning jaws. Ken Wilson Woodworking 1 December 7th 06 07:10 PM
How to smooth a rough glass edges into a sparkling smooth surface. Sam Nickaby Home Repair 21 July 24th 06 05:54 PM
Oneway jaws [email protected] Woodturning 9 April 10th 06 05:51 AM
Large jaws for oneway [email protected] Woodturning 2 July 11th 05 07:50 PM