Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 3.5 x 0.8 mm long screws / studding?

I need some longer than usual 3.5 x 0.8 mm screws or studding + nuts to
repair a PC heat sink fixing. Any suggestions for suppliers? Not the
electrical socket size which is 3.5 x 0.6 mm.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Newshound wrote:
I need some longer than usual 3.5 x 0.8 mm screws or studding + nuts to
repair a PC heat sink fixing. Any suggestions for suppliers? Not the
electrical socket size which is 3.5 x 0.6 mm.

How long is 'usual'? And are you sure they're actually metric? I'd an idea
the coarse thread screws used for disc drives etc were an ISO type.

--
*Windows will never cease *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 6-32 UNC

On 2007-05-06 17:44:48 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
said:

In article ,
Newshound wrote:
I need some longer than usual 3.5 x 0.8 mm screws or studding + nuts to
repair a PC heat sink fixing. Any suggestions for suppliers? Not the
electrical socket size which is 3.5 x 0.6 mm.

How long is 'usual'? And are you sure they're actually metric? I'd an
idea
the coarse thread screws used for disc drives etc were an ISO type.

6-32 UNC

Thanks, well spotted. But the longest I have found so far is 3/4 inch (from
modelfixings) and I think I need a fraction over that (or studding plus
nuts). J A Crew does 7/16 stainless cap screws but their web site is down.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 6 May 2007 21:12:47 UTC, "Newshound"
wrote:

the coarse thread screws used for disc drives etc were an ISO type.

6-32 UNC

Thanks, well spotted. But the longest I have found so far is 3/4 inch (from
modelfixings) and I think I need a fraction over that (or studding plus
nuts). J A Crew does 7/16 stainless cap screws but their web site is down.

Last ones I got were from RS Components. I boight lots of different
lengths to make the order worthwhile!

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks, well spotted. But the longest I have found so far is 3/4 inch
(from
modelfixings) and I think I need a fraction over that (or studding plus
nuts). J A Crew does 7/16 stainless cap screws but their web site is
down.

RS Components?

Perfect! (Anyone need 96 x 6-32 1 1/4?)