Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default unfelted slate roof - insulation

Hi all.
The only idea I've seen is an aluminium coated bubble wrap.
But I've been unable to find a source for it.
If you know one please post a link.

Or is there a better idea out there?

Thanks.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Arthur
writes
Hi all.
The only idea I've seen is an aluminium coated bubble wrap.
But I've been unable to find a source for it.
If you know one please post a link.

Or is there a better idea out there?

what is it you want to do exactly? Are you specifically wanting to
insulate under the roof, rather than the above the ceiling?
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Arthur
writes
Hi all.
The only idea I've seen is an aluminium coated bubble wrap.
But I've been unable to find a source for it.
If you know one please post a link.

Or is there a better idea out there?

what is it you want to do exactly? Are you specifically wanting to
insulate under the roof, rather than the above the ceiling?
--
Chris French

To pin something to the rafters as a substitute for the felting.
With HIP's on the horizon I don't want some pencil neck putting a 'big
red cross' on my HIP document.
I might go to a full conversion to an attic without window to
make a clean storage room.

I've just found this
http://www.knaufinsulation.co.uk/out...s/page_88.html
which appears to give good advice.
Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Arthur" writes:

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Arthur
writes
Hi all.
The only idea I've seen is an aluminium coated bubble wrap.
But I've been unable to find a source for it.
If you know one please post a link.

Or is there a better idea out there?

what is it you want to do exactly? Are you specifically wanting to
insulate under the roof, rather than the above the ceiling?

To pin something to the rafters as a substitute for the felting.
With HIP's on the horizon I don't want some pencil neck putting a 'big
red cross' on my HIP document.

The felt isn't there for insulation.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Arthur" writes:
"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Arthur
writes
Hi all.
The only idea I've seen is an aluminium coated bubble wrap.
But I've been unable to find a source for it.
If you know one please post a link.

Or is there a better idea out there?

what is it you want to do exactly? Are you specifically wanting to
insulate under the roof, rather than the above the ceiling?

To pin something to the rafters as a substitute for the felting.
With HIP's on the horizon I don't want some pencil neck putting a 'big
red cross' on my HIP document.

The felt isn't there for insulation.

Indeed.

To replace its functionality, simply tack plasterboard to underside of
rafters.

If doing a pukka job, put celotex between the rafters first and seal it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Arthur" writes:

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Arthur
writes
Hi all.
The only idea I've seen is an aluminium coated bubble wrap.
But I've been unable to find a source for it.
If you know one please post a link.

Or is there a better idea out there?

what is it you want to do exactly? Are you specifically wanting to
insulate under the roof, rather than the above the ceiling?

To pin something to the rafters as a substitute for the felting.
With HIP's on the horizon I don't want some pencil neck putting a 'big
red cross' on my HIP document.

The felt isn't there for insulation.

I want to put floor panels down but I can't leave it at that. Anything I
store up there
will be smothered in cobwebs within 48 hours.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Arthur" writes:
[...]

Will 25mm be adequate or should I go for 40mm?

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Arthur" writes:
[...]

depends on how warm you want it..

cost for slate or synthetic slate roof? Keith A. Schneider Home Ownership 0 July 20th 05 06:53 PM
Amazon & The Slate Roof Bible Rick UK diy 11 June 19th 05 05:08 PM
When to Replace a Slate roof? Rob Gray Home Repair 8 August 22nd 04 01:19 AM
Slate Roof Question Grur Home Repair 8 March 16th 04 10:56 AM
New roof; slate or tiled N. Thornton UK diy 0 October 26th 03 02:18 PM