Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wiring for a roomstat on a boiler?

I'm fitting a 240V roomstat to a W-B 24i Junior combi boiler.

I've run 3-core-and earth cable from the roomstat position all the way
to the boiler, where it emerges from the wall out of site behind the
boiler position.

However, I understand that you need to use heat-resistant 3C&E flex
within the boiler casing to connect to the terminals within, right? So
where is the correct place to interface the cable and the flex? The
only way I can imagine doing it 'correctly' is having a box sunk into
the wall below the boiler, adjacent to it's FCU, with a flex emerging
and leading to the boiler's roomstat terminals. But I've never ever
seen that done in practice... what's the solution? (Difficult for me to
do at this stage anyway, after the event...)

Thanks
David

Ferolli boiler not turning on with roomstat Doki UK diy 1 February 28th 07 08:52 PM
Wiring from Programmable roomstat to remote temperature sensor Ian UK diy 9 December 3rd 06 03:13 PM
Boiler cycle and roomstat Golan UK diy 3 November 14th 06 04:13 PM
Wiring in a programmer/roomstat to a combi boiler Nick Lane UK diy 8 October 2nd 04 12:21 AM
Wiring advice for a RM67 Roomstat Mike Hibbert UK diy 4 January 18th 04 07:24 PM