DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   gutter sealant (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/198918-gutter-sealant.html)

Kent Mere April 25th 07 01:01 PM

gutter sealant

is it available in white ?
b&q don't have any, homebase and focus only have black, yet every house
that's gone up in the last 10 years your our way has white guttering

tia

keith_765 April 25th 07 04:07 PM

gutter sealant

"Kent Mere" wrote in message
is it available in white ?
b&q don't have any, homebase and focus only have black, yet every house
that's gone up in the last 10 years your our way has white guttering

tia

Its supposed to go inside the joint, not to be seen !! Any way its crap. If
its leaking its new seal rubbers you want.

Geordie April 26th 07 08:08 AM

gutter sealant

On Apr 25, 4:07 pm, "keith_765" wrote:
"Kent Mere" wrote in message

... is it available in white ?
b&q don't have any, homebase and focus only have black, yet every house
that's gone up in the last 10 years your our way has white guttering

tia

Its supposed to go inside the joint, not to be seen !! Any way its crap. If
its leaking its new seal rubbers you want.

Try

http://www.tsde.co.uk full range of Everbuild sealants listed

Kent Mere April 27th 07 09:14 AM

gutter sealant

Try

http://www.tsde.co.uk full range of Everbuild sealants listed

Scam.

Not that I'm going to buy anything from them, but would you care to
enlighten me, Andy ?

Steve Firth April 27th 07 09:47 AM

gutter sealant

Kent Mere wrote:

is it available in white ?
b&q don't have any,

Look in B&Q for Evostick Nail and Seal. This is the same (white) sealant
used on boats for keel to hull, and transducer through hull fixing. It's
also used above the waterline for any fitting that requires a screw to
penetrate the skin of the boat and for attaching things like handrails.

Don't be fooled by the relatively low price. It's one of the best
selants available on the market. And it's useful for other jobs since it
can be shaped (sanded) after it has set as well as overpainted.

Also good for use as in place of Gripfill.