Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oven markings request - Cannon Salisbury

My mother in law, who is a devil for abrasive cleaners, has completly
worn away the Gas Mark Numbers on the facia panel of her Cannon
Salisbury oven.

Cannon / Indesit cant let me have a drawing, they can only supply &
fit a new facia (£££)

I would be gratefull if someone could email me a photograph of their
Salisbury oven

Thanks in anticipation, until then pork & chicken is off the menu!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

anon wrote:
My mother in law, who is a devil for abrasive cleaners, has completly
worn away the Gas Mark Numbers on the facia panel of her Cannon
Salisbury oven.

Cannon / Indesit cant let me have a drawing, they can only supply &
fit a new facia (£££)

I would be gratefull if someone could email me a photograph of their
Salisbury oven

Thanks in anticipation, until then pork & chicken is off the menu!

don't ovens usually go from 1-10?
So put it full on and draw a number 10.
then turn it to it's lowest and put a number 1.

FWIW if everyone followed the cooking instructions on supermarket meat, we'd
all be dead by now - cooking is common sense, you don't eat raw meat,
regardless of what it tells you on the packet

Posted to uk.d-i-y

don't ovens usually go from 1-10?
So put it full on and draw a number 10.
then turn it to it's lowest and put a number 1.

No they dont, my oven goes 1/4 turn to 'S' then a further 1/2 turn to
9 (as numbers increase the gap between them decreases) then there's
approx a further 1/8 turn beyond 9 with no calibration.

FWIW if everyone followed the cooking instructions on supermarket meat, we'd
all be dead by now

Who'd want to buy meat from a supermarket?

Thanks for your input anyway Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil L" wrote in message
k...

FWIW if everyone followed the cooking instructions on supermarket meat,
we'd all be dead by now - cooking is common sense, you don't eat raw meat,
regardless of what it tells you on the packet

We eat very rare beef and pink lamb - but don't buy it from supermarkets. We
know where ours has come from and their names and ages, in fact I knew the
meat when it was alive, as rare breeds and purely grass fed on an organic
farm.

Eating raw meat as such won't kill you. If you buy it from supermarkets you
get what you deserve.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Apr, 16:28, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Phil L" wrote in message

k...

FWIW if everyone followed the cooking instructions on supermarket meat,
we'd all be dead by now - cooking is common sense, you don't eat raw meat,
regardless of what it tells you on the packet

We eat very rare beef and pink lamb - but don't buy it from supermarkets. We
know where ours has come from and their names and ages, in fact I knew the
meat when it was alive, as rare breeds and purely grass fed on an organic
farm.

Eating raw meat as such won't kill you. If you buy it from supermarkets you
get what you deserve.

Mary

Bravo Mary - Support your local farms & butchers folks - you won't
regret it!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil L wrote:

don't ovens usually go from 1-10?
So put it full on and draw a number 10.
then turn it to it's lowest and put a number 1.

It would be better to number the scale from 1 to 11.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Steve Firth
writes
Phil L wrote:

don't ovens usually go from 1-10?
So put it full on and draw a number 10.
then turn it to it's lowest and put a number 1.

It would be better to number the scale from 1 to 11.

Like a good guitar amp ...

(as in spinal tap)

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 19:27:43 GMT, raden mused:

In message , Steve Firth
writes
Phil L wrote:

don't ovens usually go from 1-10?
So put it full on and draw a number 10.
then turn it to it's lowest and put a number 1.

It would be better to number the scale from 1 to 11.

Like a good guitar amp ...

(as in spinal tap)

I like it when people explain jokes that I already get!
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lurch
writes

Phil L wrote:

don't ovens usually go from 1-10?
So put it full on and draw a number 10.
then turn it to it's lowest and put a number 1.

It would be better to number the scale from 1 to 11.

Like a good guitar amp ...

(as in spinal tap)

I like it when people explain jokes that I already get!

I wasn't going to, but then thought

bugger it , live life in the fast lane and post the reference

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Apr 2007 07:25:26 -0700, anon
mused:

My mother in law, who is a devil for abrasive cleaners, has completly
worn away the Gas Mark Numbers on the facia panel of her Cannon
Salisbury oven.

Cannon / Indesit cant let me have a drawing, they can only supply &
fit a new facia (£££)

What is the model of the oven?
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

We've got a Cannon Camberley, if a pic of the dial from that is any good to
you let me know

Cheers

Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim wrote
We've got a Cannon Camberley, if a pic of the dial from that is any good to
you let me know

This is a golden opportunity to start a web archive of oven knob images.
--
Roger Hunt
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger Hunt" wrote in message
Jim wrote
We've got a Cannon Camberley, if a pic of the dial from that is any good
you let me know

This is a golden opportunity to start a web archive of oven knob images.

Hold me back, someone ...

:-)

Mary

--
Roger Hunt

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hunt wrote:

This is a golden opportunity to start a web archive of oven knob images.

I was waiting for the knob gags....

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote
Roger Hunt wrote:

This is a golden opportunity to start a web archive of oven knob images.

I was waiting for the knob gags....

I thought this newsgroup was too high-brow for smutty innuendo?
--
Roger Hunt

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:22:10 GMT, "Jim" mused:

We've got a Cannon Camberley, if a pic of the dial from that is any good to
you let me know

I have no need for pictures of oven dials.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lurch wrote:
On 20 Apr 2007 07:25:26 -0700, anon
mused:

My mother in law, who is a devil for abrasive cleaners, has completly
worn away the Gas Mark Numbers on the facia panel of her Cannon
Salisbury oven.

Cannon / Indesit cant let me have a drawing, they can only supply &
fit a new facia (£££)

What is the model of the oven?

My guess is a Cannon Salisbury

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 14:42:47 GMT, "Phil L"
mused:

Lurch wrote:
On 20 Apr 2007 07:25:26 -0700, anon
mused:

My mother in law, who is a devil for abrasive cleaners, has completly
worn away the Gas Mark Numbers on the facia panel of her Cannon
Salisbury oven.

Cannon / Indesit cant let me have a drawing, they can only supply &
fit a new facia (£££)

What is the model of the oven?

My guess is a Cannon Salisbury

Foolish smartarse.

Actual model number, serial number, something a bit less vague than
Salisbury was what I was after.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lurch wrote:
On 20 Apr 2007 07:25:26 -0700, anon
mused:

My mother in law, who is a devil for abrasive cleaners, has
completly worn away the Gas Mark Numbers on the facia panel of her
Cannon Salisbury oven.

Cannon / Indesit cant let me have a drawing, they can only supply &
fit a new facia (£££)

What is the model of the oven?

My guess is a Cannon Salisbury

Foolish smartarse.

'foolish smartarse' - that's a bit like 'lanky shortarse' or 'clever
thick****'

Actual model number, serial number, something a bit less vague than
Salisbury was what I was after.

I see, so you're not at all backpedalling then? - that's good, no really.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 16:28:16 GMT, "Phil L"
mused:

Lurch wrote:
On 20 Apr 2007 07:25:26 -0700, anon
mused:

My mother in law, who is a devil for abrasive cleaners, has
completly worn away the Gas Mark Numbers on the facia panel of her
Cannon Salisbury oven.

Cannon / Indesit cant let me have a drawing, they can only supply &
fit a new facia (£££)

What is the model of the oven?

My guess is a Cannon Salisbury

Foolish smartarse.

'foolish smartarse' - that's a bit like 'lanky shortarse' or 'clever
thick****'

Do I look bothered? (I don't btw, I don't care whether insults I throw
about are gramatically correct).

Actual model number, serial number, something a bit less vague than
Salisbury was what I was after.

I see, so you're not at all backpedalling then? - that's good, no really.

What? I'm not backpedalling, I asked a question, you misread it and
now look a tit. It's you who should be backpedalling.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lurch wrote
Lurch wrote:
On 20 Apr 2007 07:25:26 -0700, anon
mused:

My mother in law, who is a devil for abrasive cleaners, has completly
worn away the Gas Mark Numbers on the facia panel of her Cannon
Salisbury oven.

Cannon / Indesit cant let me have a drawing, they can only supply &
fit a new facia (£££)

What is the model of the oven?

My guess is a Cannon Salisbury

Foolish smartarse.

Smoolish fartarse?
Actual model number, serial number, something a bit less vague than
Salisbury was what I was after.

But they've all been Vimmed off ... by a devilish, abrasive mil.
--
Roger Hunt
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 18:11:31 +0100, Roger Hunt
mused:

Lurch wrote
Lurch wrote:
On 20 Apr 2007 07:25:26 -0700, anon
mused:

My mother in law, who is a devil for abrasive cleaners, has completly
worn away the Gas Mark Numbers on the facia panel of her Cannon
Salisbury oven.

Cannon / Indesit cant let me have a drawing, they can only supply &
fit a new facia (£££)

What is the model of the oven?

My guess is a Cannon Salisbury

Foolish smartarse.

Smoolish fartarse?

Either\or.

Actual model number, serial number, something a bit less vague than
Salisbury was what I was after.

But they've all been Vimmed off ... by a devilish, abrasive mil.

The numbers on the dial have, I didn't see any mention of the model
and serial number having been rubbed off.
--
Regards,
Stuart.