Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ukworkshop.co.uk

Strange experience.
I have been a member of ukworkshop.co.uk for some time, chuntering on
about woodwork etc with some knowledgable folks (and some less so).
But the group has got more and more "moderated" to the point where
posts are edited/deleted or threads locked, on a daily basis.
Dissent or disagreement is less and less tolerated and gets
interpreted as "personal attack" etc.
Several people have left, and I decided it was time for me to go too -
after a trivial series of tickings off from the bad tempered
moderators.
So I posted up a last message with an explanation (not offensive or
anything) and guess what - it got immediately deleted!
So I've left, but nobody on the group knows this - I've been
dissappeared. Stalinist, or what!
There is one particular arrogant apparatchik who seems to lead the
intolerant pack, and who obviously is on some sort of ego trip and
takes pleasure in people giving up in disgust.
Pity really, as otherwise it was an interesting group.
Anybody else here had this experience?

cheers
Jacob