Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default weatherproof male/female connectors for electrical cable

Hello,

Not sure if this is quite the correct group but thought someone could
help/advise.

I am running a cable from the battery on my motorcycle to a GPS
device. I would like to be able to disconnect the cable and not leave
the end uncovered (rain etc). The best way seems to be, to interrupt
the cable, and place some kind of weatherproof m/f connector part way
through so that I can leave a weatherproof end-piece behind.
Unfortunately, the cable itself does not come with any kind of cap or
protector and I don't feel like lifting the tank, and unscrewing the
battery everytime I take it off

Does anyone know of a good connector set that is going to work here?
Or any advise on where to check?

Cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
cqmman wrote:
Hello,

Not sure if this is quite the correct group but thought someone could
help/advise.

I am running a cable from the battery on my motorcycle to a GPS
device. I would like to be able to disconnect the cable and not leave
the end uncovered (rain etc). The best way seems to be, to interrupt
the cable, and place some kind of weatherproof m/f connector part way
through so that I can leave a weatherproof end-piece behind.
Unfortunately, the cable itself does not come with any kind of cap or
protector and I don't feel like lifting the tank, and unscrewing the
battery everytime I take it off

Does anyone know of a good connector set that is going to work here?
Or any advise on where to check?

Have a look at the weatherproof connectors he-

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.c.../multicon.html

You might need to buy a second one and leave that in place when removing
the wanted one.

--
*The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in school was my blood alcohol content*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"cqmman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

Not sure if this is quite the correct group but thought someone could
help/advise.

I am running a cable from the battery on my motorcycle to a GPS
device. I would like to be able to disconnect the cable and not leave
the end uncovered (rain etc). The best way seems to be, to interrupt
the cable, and place some kind of weatherproof m/f connector part way
through so that I can leave a weatherproof end-piece behind.
Unfortunately, the cable itself does not come with any kind of cap or
protector and I don't feel like lifting the tank, and unscrewing the
battery everytime I take it off

Does anyone know of a good connector set that is going to work here?
Or any advise on where to check?

Cheers

Index Marine stock a range of Bulgin Buccaneer waterproof connectors.
See http://www.indexmarine.co.uk/
John Weale