Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drill plaster mixers

for £1.99 at aldi sunday.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 00:00:12 GMT, "George"
wrote:

for £1.99 at aldi sunday.

thanks! I fancied one of them and that will save a few squid!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"George" writes:
for £1.99 at aldi sunday.

They're really good for burning out cheap drills, but you can
probably buy those there too...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"George" writes:
for £1.99 at aldi sunday.

They're really good for burning out cheap drills, but you can
probably buy those there too...

Yup you need a powerful bugger to drive those. My Wickes/Kress high torque,
85nm, three gear jobby works a treat, but you have to hang on to it. Cheap
drill wouldn't last 5 mins.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"George" writes:
for £1.99 at aldi sunday.

They're really good for burning out cheap drills, but you can
probably buy those there too...

Yup you need a powerful bugger to drive those. My Wickes/Kress high

torque,
85nm, three gear jobby works a treat, but you have to hang on to it.

Cheap
drill wouldn't last 5 mins.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

That so? my cheapo 850w JCB drill from argos 2 years ago is still
running...yes I bought it just for the plastering whisk mixer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"George" writes:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"George" writes:
for £1.99 at aldi sunday.

They're really good for burning out cheap drills, but you can
probably buy those there too...

Yup you need a powerful bugger to drive those. My Wickes/Kress high torque,
85nm, three gear jobby works a treat, but you have to hang on to it. Cheap
drill wouldn't last 5 mins.

That so? my cheapo 850w JCB drill from argos 2 years ago is still
running...yes I bought it just for the plastering whisk mixer.

You need a drill with a gearbox. Plaster wisk needs low speed
high torque, and if you try and do this with just an electronic
speed control, there's not enough airflow through the drill for
the power it's consuming, with the inevitable result that it
will overheat quite quickly. You would probably get away with
doing a small bucket of finish coat even so, but mixing large
buckets of scratch coat would be a different story.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"George" writes:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in

message
.uk...
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"George" writes:
[...]

I do know it was the incorrect type of drill for this purpose but to lay out
for an expensive drill just for doing plastering mixing was totally
unecessary and the £14 drill has surpassed the heavy work and is still
usable as a normal drill.

Builders bucket 3/4 full mix each time
Usage...
Dry wall adhesive
Bonding plaster
Multi finish
Cement

And yes it was electronic speed drill although I didn't feel it was
overheating in my hand.