Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sand blasting stone?

Has anyone any comments on this sort of thing?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SB993-GRIT-SAN...c mdZViewItem

I'm leaving a stone wall in my kitchen exposed, it's been needle gunned and
wire brushed but this hasn't got rid of the last of the (old) paint or newer
rendering in some places. It's mainly "spot" treatment. I've also got a
couple of oak beams to tidy up but it looks like chemical stripping is the
approved way to go rather than blasting. I recognise that this will be a
horribly dusty job. I do a bit of metal work so I thought it might come in
handy. I already have a 6 CFM compressor.

thanks....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SB993-GRIT-SAN...TING-incl-VAT_...

I'm leaving a stone wall in my kitchen exposed, it's been needle gunned and
wire brushed but this hasn't got rid of the last of the (old) paint or newer
rendering in some places. It's mainly "spot" treatment. I've also got a
couple of oak beams to tidy up but it looks like chemical stripping is the
approved way to go rather than blasting. I recognise that this will be a
horribly dusty job. I do a bit of metal work so I thought it might come in
handy. I already have a 6 CFM compressor.

thanks....

not recommended. Ask:
http://periodpropertyshop.co.uk/phpB...18275ac5 cd5d

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Newshound
writes
Has anyone any comments on this sort of thing?

CURRENTLY COMES WITH FREE STUNT KITE

that's useful. They don't all have one of those.

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Newshound wrote:
Has anyone any comments on this sort of thing?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SB993-GRIT-SAN...c mdZViewItem

I'm leaving a stone wall in my kitchen exposed, it's been needle
gunned and wire brushed but this hasn't got rid of the last of the
(old) paint or newer rendering in some places. It's mainly "spot"
treatment. I've also got a couple of oak beams to tidy up but it
looks like chemical stripping is the approved way to go rather than
blasting. I recognise that this will be a horribly dusty job. I do a
bit of metal work so I thought it might come in handy. I already have
a 6 CFM compressor.

IME sand blasting needs a huge power source. I only have experience of wet
sand blasting using a pressure washer. They only 'just' work with a Honda
13hp beast of a machine.

Might be useful as a spotting machine.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
Newshound wrote:
Has anyone any comments on this sort of thing?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SB993-GRIT-SAN...c mdZViewItem

I'm leaving a stone wall in my kitchen exposed, it's been needle
gunned and wire brushed but this hasn't got rid of the last of the
(old) paint or newer rendering in some places. It's mainly "spot"
treatment. I've also got a couple of oak beams to tidy up but it
looks like chemical stripping is the approved way to go rather than
blasting. I recognise that this will be a horribly dusty job. I do a
bit of metal work so I thought it might come in handy. I already have
a 6 CFM compressor.

IME sand blasting needs a huge power source. I only have experience of
wet sand blasting using a pressure washer. They only 'just' work with a
Honda 13hp beast of a machine.

Might be useful as a spotting machine.

Yeah, that's rather my feeling......

Brandon hire do a "pro" type dry sandblaster complete with cyberman outfit,
but claim it needs 200 cfm and their compressors only go up to 15!