Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dead radiator

On 11 Mar, 12:07, Huge wrote:
The radiator in our en-suite has stopped working. (Probably the worst
one in the house so to do.) It's full of water, not air, and I've removed
the TRV head & pulled the pin up, so it isn't the TRV stuck shut. So,
what could be causing this? And is there anything I can do about it other
than getting a plumber in?

(BTW, we also have a radiator in the (integral) garage which has never
worked, same symptoms. Since I don't care about heating the garage, I've
never bothered doing anything about it.)

--
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those
who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this

sticking trvs .... most likely the fault.
take the head off and tap the pin repeatedly down and this will cause
the rubber to come off the seat,try it... it works
pete

Dead radiator Heliotrope Smith UK diy 0 March 11th 07 10:25 PM
Dead radiator John UK diy 0 March 11th 07 09:04 PM
Dead radiator Bob Eager UK diy 0 March 11th 07 03:39 PM
Dead radiator Andy Hall UK diy 0 March 11th 07 01:19 PM
Dead radiator Jason UK diy 0 March 11th 07 12:22 PM