DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   power devil pressure washers (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/194533-power-devil-pressure-washers.html)

kernow1 March 9th 07 01:23 PM

power devil pressure washers

I bought one of these machines at my local Tesco. I've used it once,
to do my short drive, about 5 months ago. Went to clean the patio
today and the thing started slowing down and smoke coming out, and
little pressure. I can only guess that the pump was siezing. There was
a good water supply and no hose kinks, all as per the book. When I
disconnected the pressure hose it really blew off.

Anyone had this happen to them? Any suggestions on what to do about
it? Lost my receipt now, but still have the box etc.

TMC March 9th 07 03:58 PM

power devil pressure washers

"kernow1" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought one of these machines at my local Tesco. I've used it once,
to do my short drive, about 5 months ago. Went to clean the patio
today and the thing started slowing down and smoke coming out, and
little pressure. I can only guess that the pump was siezing. There was
a good water supply and no hose kinks, all as per the book. When I
disconnected the pressure hose it really blew off.

Anyone had this happen to them? Any suggestions on what to do about
it? Lost my receipt now, but still have the box etc.

If you paid by card take statement washer and box back to tesco and ask for
money back. Then buy a better quality pressure washer

Tony

The Medway Handyman March 9th 07 08:25 PM

kernow1 wrote:
I bought one of these machines at my local Tesco. I've used it once,
to do my short drive, about 5 months ago. Went to clean the patio
today and the thing started slowing down and smoke coming out, and
little pressure. I can only guess that the pump was siezing. There was
a good water supply and no hose kinks, all as per the book. When I
disconnected the pressure hose it really blew off.

Anyone had this happen to them? Any suggestions on what to do about
it? Lost my receipt now, but still have the box etc.

Chuck it in the nearest skip & buy a real pressure washer.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman