Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default chimney oven extractor

I'm fitting a 100cm Cannon range cooker into an existing Victorian kitchen
fireplace that was previously bricked up. I want to fit some sort of
extraction device. The chimney is about 30cm deep from the back wall to the
inside of the brick arch. The chimney flue is circular and exits top left
but there is a slope on the right hand side towards the flue.

I can't see a rectangular hood with extractor duct fitting in that depth
with the offset flue and brick arch. Are there any other cooker extraction
products available for this type of chimney?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 21:02:47 -0000, "tiscali"
wrote:

I'm fitting a 100cm Cannon range cooker into an existing Victorian kitchen
fireplace that was previously bricked up. I want to fit some sort of
extraction device. The chimney is about 30cm deep from the back wall to the
inside of the brick arch. The chimney flue is circular and exits top left
but there is a slope on the right hand side towards the flue.

I can't see a rectangular hood with extractor duct fitting in that depth
with the offset flue and brick arch. Are there any other cooker extraction
products available for this type of chimney?

Thanks,

Dave

Look at Elica built-in range of hoods about 140mm high and 285mm deep.
or Synergy also do builtin hoods .

The problems are the amount of height you have available between
bottom of cooker hood and top of cooker allowing for minimum 760 mm
for a gas cooker and allowing you to fit hood and get flexible pipe
into flue.

I am at present have the same project - I plan to use an Elica hood
with an external fan/motor to reduce noise.
The fan will be installed in the fireplace on the next floor up and
the flue from the kitchen chimney will be intercepted, diverted
through fan and exited up adjacent flue in chimney breast.
Robert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

The height of mine looks about 50cm above the cooker. Where does the 76cm
come from? Those Elica hoods are really expensive! I need a cheaper
alternative.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Corgi regs.

So I can't fit a hood. How am I gonna stop the soot falling onto the cooker?
:-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

I am at present have the same project - I plan to use an Elica
hood with an external fan/motor to reduce noise.
The fan will be installed in the fireplace on the next floor up
and the flue from the kitchen chimney will be intercepted,
diverted through fan and exited up adjacent flue in chimney
breast. Robert

I fitted a 90cm RangeMaster into a Victorian chimney breast last
year. I used an Elica unit mounted in a cutout on a board
(blockboard) fitted above the cooker, running the 6" ducting to the
outside wall via a hole cut in the brickwork. Heres the model used
(but I bought it somewhere a little cheaper, 365 Electrical I think):
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/ELBI80UHSB.html

Looks good (what little can be seen of it) and works well - but at
the higher speeds is noisier than I expected.

Hope this helps

Richard Perkin

--
Insert clever sig here !!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard Perkin" wrote in message
wrote in message

I am at present have the same project - I plan to use an Elica
hood with an external fan/motor to reduce noise.
The fan will be installed in the fireplace on the next floor up
and the flue from the kitchen chimney will be intercepted,
diverted through fan and exited up adjacent flue in chimney
breast. Robert

I fitted a 90cm RangeMaster into a Victorian chimney breast last
year. I used an Elica unit mounted in a cutout on a board
(blockboard) fitted above the cooker, running the 6" ducting to the
outside wall via a hole cut in the brickwork. Heres the model used
(but I bought it somewhere a little cheaper, 365 Electrical I think):
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/ELBI80UHSB.html

Looks good (what little can be seen of it) and works well - but at
the higher speeds is noisier than I expected.

Yeah I'd like to do that but without major chimney redesign I cannot get
anything like 75cm clearance from the top of the stove. I'm thinking of
sticking an axial fan in the flue, anyone know where I can get one?